Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Mystery of Robin

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:01 am

Count me in as No Interest. I still gotta see 10 Cloverfield Lane, and I'm hoping Midnight Special plays around here, but I'll drive for it. Plus Late Spring plays next week, and in a couple weeks there's a horror fest in Syracuse. Life is too awesome for Zack Snyder movies.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:02 pm

I'm going to see it this Friday with a couple of friends and they are willing to pay for my ticket!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Tango X » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Saw it. Thought I'd give my two cents. Was it everything I hoped for and more? Not even close. They tried to put way too many storylines into one movie. I wouldn't say I hated it. Critics are acting like this movie has no redeeming qualities at all which is not true. It has good moments and like people have said already the action is really on point and beautifully done. Some of the dialog is cheesy and ham-fisted. Wonder Woman was AWESOME. Definitely a highlight of the movie for me and Ben's Batman was great. Cavill can play a convincing Superman but his story wasn't that good. Lex was okay but my bar for him was set kind of low. The motivations behind some of the guys were well a little comicbook-y. Anyone see the new clip with
Spoiler:
Steppenwolf
??
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:11 pm

I knew going into this film to not get my hopes up (thanks Man of Steel!) and although I was a kid in the toy aisle and I did enjoy it, I was correct; this movie was a classic case of: too much ****, not enough shovels.

It was way too muddy with cramming so many different storylines and not delivering on most of them. It would be nice if they just focus on one storyline and not so many; all DC/WB is doing is frantically playing catch-up with Marvel who have built a glorious cinematic empire.

I'll still buy the Unrated DVD (thanks Deadpool!) because it was an orgasm for the eyes and will continue to enjoy it even with its many faults.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Tango X » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:because it was an orgasm for the eyes and will continue to enjoy it even with its many faults.

****! Couldn't have described it better myself. :batlol: Case of style over substance with some good moments.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Skullmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Guys I still feel like the critics were really off. It was better than their review but it just wasn't that good of a movie. I had a good time though so not going to complain.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:11 am

My friends and I decided not going to see it today because of other commitments and all and having said that; I'm going to wait until it's come out on Cable Television of which it will takes a while to get there.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:23 am

Couldn't have said it better myself, Jay
image.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby amos brearly » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:38 pm

I kind of walked out of the movie theatre feeling like I hadn't seen the movie. Like that cannot have been it, when is it about to start.

It did wet my appetite for Afflecks Bat universe however. He was very convincing as Batman for me. Wonder Woman was spectacular, I could watch her all day no problem.

Superman was just given a bit of a **** storyline. Weak storyline overall for the movie.

Still hopeful for suicide squad but do not feel the need to fill my toy cabinets with figures from this movie-Gadots chassis aside, instant classic this was not.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:18 pm

amos brearly wrote:I kind of walked out of the movie theatre feeling like I hadn't seen the movie. Like that cannot have been it, when is it about to start.

Amos that most of my friends that seen the movie and this is exactly how they felt ... you took the words out of there mouths and that's why I did not see it and never, ever, plan to ... until it's comes on Cable.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies