Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Possible Marvel Legends waves

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Possible Marvel Legends waves

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:52 am

The ToyBiz bunny rabbit Ultron might be the single worst version of any figure ever made. Sure, there have been poorly made fuglies like TB Scarlet Witch, but that Ultron fails on virtually every level. No clue what they were thinking.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Speaking of cosmic characters, I don't know much about Phyll-Vell, but I'll buy any figure that looks like a cross between a space knight and Captain Harlock.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:59 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:The ToyBiz bunny rabbit Ultron might be the single worst version of any figure ever made. Sure, there have been poorly made fuglies like TB Scarlet Witch, but that Ultron fails on virtually every level. No clue what they were thinking.

I suspect that someone on the design end of it was thinking of a manga/anime-esque influence with that Ultron, at least with the original "dog-face" version. It almost looks like it could be a movie Transformer design that never made it anywhere.
The Hasbro one that was in the Iron Man 3 Legends was marginally better.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Phyla-Vell was a big part of the most recent return to cosmic teams starting with Annihilation when she became the new Quasar. She was also a part of Abnett & Lanning's Guardians of the Galaxy which is a much better series than anything Marvel has put out since the movie. Without that series I doubt we would even be talking about the GOTG these days. I know Mantis has been confirmed for the second film and hopefully Phyla and Moondragon will appear eventually as well. I'd be down for a Mar-Vell/Phyla-Vell two pack. I think we'd more likely see this costume though:

ImageImage
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Is every costume of Phyla-Vell's awesome? She's like the anti-Starfire.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:23 pm

The next few Marvel Legends waves are available for preorder! You guys probably saw this. I preordered Rogue from the X-Men wave - she's one of the few X-Men I really like. But the figures are so nice I might pick up some others. Wolverine and Phoenix both look great.

The new Spider-Man wave looks solid. I don't have much interest in the characters, but I might pick up Silk if I see her in stores.

New Cap wave is sort of meh. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy about Captain Britain, and I'm surprised it took them this long to make movie Scarlet Witch. But it's not a terribly exciting one for me. Maybe I'll be more interested when I see the figures themselves.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:16 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:The next few Marvel Legends waves are available for preorder! You guys probably saw this. I preordered Rogue from the X-Men wave - she's one of the few X-Men I really like. But the figures are so nice I might pick up some others. Wolverine and Phoenix both look great.

The new Spider-Man wave looks solid. I don't have much interest in the characters, but I might pick up Silk if I see her in stores.

New Cap wave is sort of meh. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy about Captain Britain, and I'm surprised it took them this long to make movie Scarlet Witch. But it's not a terribly exciting one for me. Maybe I'll be more interested when I see the figures themselves.

Any pics or links to pics of Captain Britain??
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:55 pm

I order a case of the X-men Wave from entertainment earth. With no sales tax, free shipping, and no extras in an 8 figure case it seemed a lot more sensible than trying to hunt down a wave at retail. There was also a rumored 2nd wave several sites have listed that is pretty nice as well:

630509502195 Shatterstar
- 630509502202 Colossus
- 630509502219 Polaris
- 630509502226 Sunfire
- 630509502233 Dazzler
- 630509502240 Cyclops
- 630509502257 Wolverine

I'm looking forward to the next Spiderman wave though Space Venom is pretty meh as BAFs go. I'm sort of sick of Cap and Iron Man figures, and movie figures in general, so I'm less interested in the Cap waves. Even Red Guardian and Nick Fury aren't getting me too excited for some reason. An X-men wave is so refreshing after all the Caps and Spideys, now if we could ever get a solid FF wave...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:38 am

Yeah, I saw that posted over at Fwoosh. Seems pretty consistent with this first wave, although a bit more obscure. Really can't wait to see what Dazzler costume they go with.

Yeah, ML so heavily centered around new movies makes sense, but it's really limiting what they're putting out. It all feels a bit forced right now, even though there's some really exciting stuff and the figures look great.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:35 pm

I'm expecting the 80's aerobics Dazzler because I can't see them spending the money on a disco roller skates Dazzler. But I'm cool with that. 80's era X-men is my favorite since it's when I got into comics right around Mutant Massacre. Toss Rogue's leather jacket on her and give her light affect accessories and I'd be down for it. I'd even be okay with a Longshot updated figure but I think that might be, ahem, well, a Longshot.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion