Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends Retail Store Finds

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Marvel Legends Retail Store Finds

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Ok, was going to comment on finding ML Namor today at Walgreens and realized we didn't even have a thread for this. So, here we go, whenever you find a new ML or even old, tell us where!

Found ML Namor today at the first Walgreens I stopped in. They had 8 on an endcap. Take a good look at them because I noticed many weren't painted completely where the forearm meets the arm band. Just an FYI.

Also found the Giantman wave at TRU today, all except Panther. Had Nuke, Fury, and Red Guardian in my hand but put them back. Just not feeling this wave. Don't care about the BAF, don't care about the movie figures, don't know much about or care to know much about Nuke. Red Guardian is nice, but he's already dropping price wise on Amazon and at the end of the day is just a cheap Cap repaint. Probably should've gotten Fury but just felt blah looking at them. More interested in the Space Venom wave, and that's going to cost a penny so I figure I'll wait on these. None of the villains seem hard to find after the initial burst anyway.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Marvel Legends Retail Store Finds

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Yeah, a lot of the announced waves recently have been meh. One or two all-stars, but a lot of repetitive stuff. The first Civil War Cap wave was awesome, but they're really stretching it out. Which I guess isn't a bad strategy - they're releasing things at a really fast pace right now, and making the most out of the movie figures to help push out more obscure stuff too - but I'm starting to see local retail clog up and I don't doubt that's the case elsewhere.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:30 pm

"Starting too"? My Walmarts can't seem to giveaway all the Absorbing Man and Odin remnants, while Target seems to be full of Rhino, Thanos, and Hulkbuster leftovers. K-Mart? Lot's of Ult. Goblin junk...at $24.99. Good luck.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Yeah...I agree. It's too bad these stores can't come up with a way to clear the shelves and pegs off of old stock and sell them for cheaper to make room for new toys.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Marvel Legends Retail Store Findsks

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:31 pm

I spoke to a blue vest at a nearby Wally and she told me their store is not getting ANY new Legends for the foreseeable future; that message came from higher up.

All because they're bogged down with old stock
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:24 pm

I saw the Giant Man Cap and Iron Man at a different Wallys recently but none of the rest of the wave. With the glut of old stuff part of me was suspiciously wondering if someone just bought a case online and returned the extra Cap and IM.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:55 pm

Well I ordered my X-Men set from Entertainment Earth, free shipping on orders 79.00 or more so that was a sweet deal for me... basically 20.00 a piece
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:11 am

Webslinger wrote:Well I ordered my X-Men set from Entertainment Earth, free shipping on orders 79.00 or more so that was a sweet deal for me... basically 20.00 a piece

Me, too. Mine arrived tonight though I was too busy to open them. Ironically enough, the last time I ordered a full case of MLs? The Toy Biz wave that had Phoenix, Deadpool, Cable, etc.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:14 am

Nice!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:24 pm

I ordered mine from BBTS and I cannot wait for this set...I saw Amazon has DP for $90
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion