Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Infinite Heroes

Mattel got its feet wet in the 3.75" market with Infinite Heroes initially with figures inspired by the Crisis on Infinite Earths cross-over, later adding figures from Public Enemies, modern Teen Titans and more. Fast forward to 2013, they're going to try their hand at 3.75" again. This time promising a much higher quality product in the DC Multiverse Toyline!

DC Infinite Heroes

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:58 pm

You're kidding, right?!? Infinite Heroes sucked...case closed
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: DC Infinite Heroes

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:00 pm

It was so-so. The final wave figures were somewhat okay but still made with a very poor quality plastic. I think the character selection was pretty good, though, for what it was.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Only a couple of them were ok. The rest were terrible. The female figures were just unspeakably badly sculpted... :wwsad:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Yeah the female sculpts were the worst... Still, they had Commissioner Gordon, modern Raven, Killer Croc, Hush with a Jason Todd variant, Trickster, Heatwave, Ravager, Dr. Light and a whackload of other guys we never got for DC Universe Classics. That kind of shows you the figures we missed out on when they were focusing on more than one scale at a time... Not saying that was why we didn't get them, though.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Oh, the character selection for DCIH was phenomenal. There's no disputing that. Any line that offered the Big Five along with Weather Wizard, Hush, Raven, THAT version of OMAC, The Monitor, Rosie Wilson, and a GCPD SWAT dude is okay in my book. I think the problem was, like Princess Amethyst said, the terrible sculpting. I'm gonna expand that to say the whole line.

Really, these dudes looked like Happy Meal toys McDonald's would'a tried hawking in 1998 or something. Heck, the Movie Power Rangers McDonald's released are actually sculpted BETTER than DCIH's Bean-Head Joker, Drag Queen Wonder Woman, and Hamburger-Handed Gordon. I know it's hard to sculpt on this scale and all, but...well, I can't think of a reason why figures like Hush, Atom, Flash, and Mirror Master looked decent and others looked like Nuke'em High mutants.

I think the line would've fared a little better if the price point was lower, and the selection was a bit less Alexander Luthor / Black Hand right out of the gate.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Yeah, and the fact that even when they tried to give them better articulation, they were brittle as all hell. The price point definitely hurt, too. They were $10 and above for a while here. One thing they got right, though, was army builders. Man, the OMACs, GCPD, LuthorCorp Troopers, Shadow Demons, Qwardians, Thanagarians, Manhunter Robots, THAT was very cool. I wish DCUC did more than just Manhunter Robots, that's for sure. :smsmile:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:27 pm

I can never hate Infinite Heroes. That line is the reason I won the crazy huge Anti-Monitor at Comic Con. And when I narrowed my focus to just Batman-related, selling that guy was the biggest payday I think I'll ever get from ebay. No regrets, though. He doesn't fit in to my Batman collection.

I still have all the bat-characters from this series. Man, they have giant, ugly hands. At least we got Earth-2 Robin.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:29 pm

I still have my entire collection, although they're all in tubs at the moment. I had serious issues getting the earlier ones with the giant fists to stay standing which is strange.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Strathaar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:11 pm

I have my GL ones up in one of my GL cases but that's it. Why did I spend all that money on these guys. They really did suck lol
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:11 am

Heh, my translucent green Guy Gardner's hand fell off in my storage tub. It was just removed from the packaging and placed gently in the tub and one day, I opened the lid to the container and saw that his fist was detached from his forearm. :smroll:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to DC Universe 3.75" Scale Lines from Mattel