Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends Fwoosh Poll 2021

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Marvel Legends Fwoosh Poll 2016

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Yay, got to take Songbird off my list because she won the ML vote and is getting made. Boo, I have to wait until 2018 to get her.

Wasn't sure who I wanted to replace her with so for now I went with another longtime favorite of mine, Frankie Raye.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:24 am

Yeah, I guess I should replace her with another Thunderbolt or something. Centurius, maybe?

Honestly, I love that Parker/Walker run so much I would take the time travel costumes, too.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:26 am

Yeah, I'll probably change it to someone else because at the end of the day, Nova is someone I could probably easily make myself. Just wanted to get a new placeholder for Songbird. Not sure who to put there yet. I kind of feel like if we're getting Songbird, and Citizen V was one of the finalists, we have to be getting a Thunderbolts wave/set in 2018, right? So would voting for the original team be a waste of a space?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:19 pm

I wouldn't say it's a waste of space. The Thunderbolts are on their radar, but Songbird has a fanbase that extends beyond the team. I'd say it's a great opportunity for fans to make it clear that they want whole lineups.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:14 am

Probably. I already had Songbird and Atlas on my list. If figure if we get Atlas then the rest would be coming anyway.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:33 am

Yeah, and Atlas has a lot of reuse potential for other BAFs. Not to mention that he, Fixer, and Mach-X are part of Winter Solder's new Thunderbolts. So there's definitely going to be a renewed interest in the team.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:21 pm

The problem is I want Atlas and Goliath, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:48 am

If they make one, I'm sure they can make the other at some point. There's so much reuse potential for giant dudes in ML.

Hey, when Hawkeye was Goliath, did he ever use a giant bow? And if not, what was the point?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:23 am

If he didn't use a bow there wouldn't be a point. buh-dum-dump

If I recall right, and it's been a longtime since I read those issues, didn't he take the growth serum because he thought just being a bow and arrow guy wasn't good enough or something?

I switched my Nova vote to Mach-V
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:12 am

Oh hell and damnation, I didn't actually mean to pun. My thing is just...if you have your archer be a giant guy, make him a giant archer! I want to see him level jets with a bow.

Never actually read those issues, though.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion