Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends Fwoosh Poll 2021

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Marvel Legends Fwoosh Poll 2016

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:26 am

Just wait for Infinity Gauntlet when giant Hawkeye shoots Hulk at Thanos.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:14 pm

...Well, that's another movie guaranteed to be disappointing. No way something that cool's gonna happen.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Turned out to be an underwhelming top 10. Magneto? Storm? How many figures of them do we need? I don't need a new version every time Hasbro tweaks the bases. I'd rather see never before made characters, but judging by the fact that most of the top-10 have already been made at least once, I guess I'm in the minority.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:24 pm

The 90s X-Men love on Fwoosh is astonishing. I'm glad X-Men Legends seems to be continuing, so we can finally get interesting Top 10s again once all these get made. Get the spank bank its Psylocke figures already and move on.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Lol, I won't deny that some of the old ToyBiz versions are in need of updates, but how about a little more variety? Another Storm or Magneto? I mean, the Jubilee wave versions weren't perfect but I'm in no hurry to pay $20 for a slightly better version or preferred costume.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:32 pm

I mean, I don't totally mind it because they're in their own waves now. And the more redos of A-list X-Men, the more likely it is that they can support X-Men Legends waves and get fun, obscure characters out, like Blink. It's getting me Disco Dazzler, after all.

But yeah, some of these guys just do a top ten of whatever Jim Lee put on an X-cover. I know way more obscure DC than Marvel, but even I managed to pick out rad stuff for my list.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:49 am

The BAF poll was pretty much expected. Lockjaw at #1 and Sauron at #2, which I think was the same as last year. I don't think I've ever read a Savage Land story, but I remember it being the part of the cartoon I was least interested in? Like, you're X-Men, not Tarzan. Fight some other mutants and cry about fake oppression because normal, vulnerable people don't want to deal with your cursed, mutant, energy-blasting eyes.

Rounding out the top five were Apocalypse (ugh), Stature (kinda cool in an Attack of the 50 Foot Woman way), and the Ever-Lovin', Blue-Eyed Thing, which, obviously, yes.

I was the only vote for Man-Thing, which confirms a dire lack of taste around those parts.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:13 am

I had a hard time really thinking of a BAF. I went with Goliath for my Masters of Evil. I guess Sauron could be a BAF, but I feel someone like him and the Thing should just be regular figures. I just never thought of Ben as that much more oversized. Don't get me wrong, I'd happily buy an entire FF wave regardless, but I think the BAF of said wave could go toward something else like Dragon Man(never saw the old ToyBiz version). Stature would be nice, especially since ML has never done a female BAF. I guess with the Hobgoblin BAF there's precedent for someone like Sauron, but that always felt like a bit of a jip to me.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:33 pm

I figured people are considering Thing or Sauron as BAFs because of potential tooling costs. Marvel Legends is in a weird place that way, because two of the most popular Marvel characters could be regular figures or BAFs, depending on how Hasbro wants to do it. Hulk has enough reuse potential with other Hulks and big dudes where he could justify a regular figure, but Thing's in a tougher situation.

I probably should've voted for Mr. Hyde to push him up higher (and I would totally build him), but I just really want a Man-Thing figure. Swamp monsters are my jam.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Marvel Legends Fwoosh Poll 2017

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:37 am

2017 Poll is up, so if you voted, or will, share your list here. Mine didn't change much from last year, and looking at the what else is getting voted for it probably won't change much next year. I try to practical, sure, I want Psylocke, Ben Grimm and Dr. Doom, but I figure with the FF Walgreens figures, and all X-Men waves, those characters will almost assuredly be made within the next few years or sooner. Why are so many people voting for Magneto? Christ, let's get some new characters. So my list:

Diamondback

Phyla-Vell

Black Knight [classic 80's]

Maverick [Jim Lee]

Firelord

Nova [Frankie Raye]

Nighthawk [Defenders]

Attuma

Executioner

Captain Mar-Vell

BAF Erik Josten [Goliath or Atlas]
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion