Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Doctor Strange Marvel Legends Wave

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Doctor Strange Marvel Legends Wave

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:38 pm

I'm not sure if it was confirmed at SDCC, but Dorkside Toys said it on the Fwoosh based on their case information. Might still change in the interim, but I'd imagine if they were going to put out an Ancient One this wave, she would've been at the show. Enchantress as a hasty repaint seems likely.

I'm also wondering if this was a tooling cost movie - movie Strange and Mordo, as well as Nico, seem like involved figures.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Well, Enchantress and all white (Astral) Strange are the last two in this wave. The Enchantress has a different paint scheme, and I much prefer the SDCC colors, so I'm still glad to get her. This wave is actually pretty underwhelming for someone who doesn't buy the MCU figures. Just Nico for me. And possibly Iron Fist.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:16 am

Well I'm buying the whole wave for Dormammu, only gonna keep a couple of the actual figures and Enchantress is one of them...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:58 pm

I'm so glad that I skipped this years SDCC box set the only one that I wanted from that set was Enchantress. I bought last years SDCC set which was most of the figures in this wave, so I'm not really interested in most of this wave.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:26 am

Preorders for this are up at BBTS and Dorkside! I picked up Nico.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:34 pm

Found a full case of these on the pegs today at Walmart. Picked up Iron Fist and Nico. The movie figures are nice looking, but since I already have Dormammu from the SDCC, don't collect movie figures, and with the sheer amount of MLs hitting right now, I passed on the rest. Still haven't seen the Abomination wave, nor half of the Venom wave. Though I did pickup Silk the other day at TRU (the villains were gone already). It's really hitting the wallet with all these ML waves coming out so close to each other. Feel like the Giantman and X-men wave just came out and now there's three more waves hitting. And Force Friday is this week. Sheesh.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:23 am

Man, my Wal-Mart just got the X-Men and Giant Man waves in not long ago. And the shelves are very full of ML, dating back to Hulkbuster.

Of course, they have every X-Men wave figure except Wolverine and Deadpool. All I still need is Wolverine (So I can make him say *snikt* Bub), since I already got Rogue.

Hoping Dorkside sends Nico soon. They're usually ahead of retail, I don't know what happened.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Saw one Mordo at my WM. The shelves are pretty packed, so I don't know if the others sold or they just haven't put them out yet. But if even my WM has them, things are looking good for people.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion