Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Latest haul and what's new

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: Latest haul and what's new

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Picked up Agent 13 and Misty Knight on Amazon when I was buying a birthday gift for someone. Also picked up a loose/complete (but without the BAF part) Mockingbird on eBay - seems like she's the expensive one this wave. Gotta get Scourge and maybe Taskmaster. Corrupted SHIELD vs. Suicide Squad time.

It's weird, for all the comic book figures I have, very few are traditional superheroes. A lot of magic users and weird creatures, and a lot of secret agents and mercenaries.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:03 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:Picked up Agent 13 and Misty Knight on Amazon when I was buying a birthday gift for someone. Also picked up a loose/complete (but without the BAF part) Mockingbird on eBay - seems like she's the expensive one this wave. Gotta get Scourge and maybe Taskmaster. Corrupted SHIELD vs. Suicide Squad time.

It's weird, for all the comic book figures I have, very few are traditional superheroes. A lot of magic users and weird creatures, and a lot of secret agents and mercenaries.

I've got a kind of weird collecting philosophy myself: I like oddball Marvel ( but mainstream DC, go figure) but for a specific reason.
Most of the characters I dig have not been in stories I've read.........but in ads I've seen in the comics. Those or stuff from the Marvel Universe handbook. That's frequently been my exposure and association to most of the classic and second/third stringers. But hey, it works. :lol:
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:40 pm

Aside from Superman (and Aquaman, although his surrounding world isn't well-known), I'm mostly oddball DC. I know more of their characters than I know Marvel, and most of my favorite books have been fringe stuff like Suicide Squad or Swamp Thing.

For Marvel, I'm getting to know the obscure stuff better. I'm a Dr. Strange mark, over the last year I became a huge fan of the more recent Thunderbolts, and Runaways digests got me reading comics again.

Marvel's always had a smaller division between A-List and below, though. DC's got a few huge properties and a lot of B-list. Marvel has a ton of huge properties and a lot of peripheral stuff that interacts with those properties. Probably chalk it up to most big Marvel characters being created by a small group of creators working together, while DC's stuff has a longer chronology. Marvel tends to fit together more easily.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:44 pm

Ken Davis wrote:I've got a kind of weird collecting philosophy myself: I like oddball Marvel ( but mainstream DC, go figure) but for a specific reason.
Most of the characters I dig have not been in stories I've read.........but in ads I've seen in the comics. Those or stuff from the Marvel Universe handbook. That's frequently been my exposure and association to most of the classic and second/third stringers. But hey, it works. :lol:

Honestly, a lot of the time your own conception of a minor character based on the handbook entry is going to be better than the old comics anyway.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:03 pm

Honestly, a lot of the time your own conception of a minor character based on the handbook entry is going to be better than the old comics anyway.

This is true! I end up buying an "illustration" moreso than a character because I cannot remember any backstory, but I can sure remember what a character looks like.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:10 am

Had a great haul weekend! My gf and I stopped at a TRU in NJ, where I found their exclusive WWE Elite Bayley, and Elite 41 Finn Balor! First time I've seen him in person, I couldn't believe it. I also found the 6-inch Katana figure from DC Superhero Girls, which I didn't even know had been released!

My gf picked up a Nico Minoru, which I believe she's going to be turning into Lydia from Beetlejuice. Every time I see Nico I'm tempted to buy her again, because she's such a great figure. Easily my choice for best ML this year.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:11 pm

Nice haul! Please share that great idea your girlfriend has on that Lydia custom (if she'll allow it); really great idea!

My girls cannot wait for that Katana to drop here...I've been keeping my eyes open for her over the past few weeks since I first saw the release pics; glad to know she's on her way
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:03 am

Picked up a Star Wars Black series Chewbacca from the Force Awakens at ROSS for $8.99!!! Might wanna check it out if you're looking for SW figures
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Closest Ross to me is an hour away...bummer
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:11 am

Saw the same wave at Tuesday Mornings for $9.99
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions