Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends: what would you like to see?

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Marvel Legends: what would you like to see?

Postby Webslinger » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:02 am

I would love to see some of the following figures in no particular order or wave.

Captain Universe Spider-Man
Beast
Professor Xavier w/hover chair
Storm in Classic outfit
Cable in first appearance outfit
Doctor Octopus (why haven't we gotten him yet?)
Mysterio
Lizard
Bullseye
Cannonball
Boom Boom
Rictor
Feral
Photon in classic outfit
Vulture
Tombstone
Banshee
Forge
Bishop 90's version
Firestar
Yondu (Classic version)
Aleta
Starhawk
Charlie 27
Nikki
Martinex
Dr. Doom
Mr Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Thing
Human Torch (Flame on version)
Quasar 90's version
Mary Jane (Todd McFarlane style)
Peter Parker
J Jonah Jamesson

BAF:

Eternity
The Collector
Uatu the Watcher
Living Tribunal

What about you all? what would you like to see?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Marvel Legends: what would you like to see?

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:15 am

Man, there are just so many areas I'd like them to cover, and at the same time I'm really burned out on MLs right now. I don't even feel like looking for the few things I still need. First there were just way too many waves this year. Way too many. And then by the end of the year a lot of figures from those waves could be had for half of what I paid, so I also kind of feel like I got burned. I need a couple months away. I'm actually feeling more interested in SWB stuff lately, maybe because of the movies, but also because it doesn't feel quite as expensive to get everything.

But, I'd like to see them finish up the original Thunderbolts lineup once Songbird hits. And a perfect, complete FF lineup (there's usually one miss in each set whether it's a bad Reed head or a bad Sue head--but that Sue they showed gives me hope!).

I know this is wishful thinking, but I could go a year without seeing another movie Captain America or Iron Man figure.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:21 am

Amen on the Captain America and Iron Man's.... once i got the regular standard version that came with the wolf head I was happy with that one.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Yeah, I'm mostly just waiting on Songbird and Dazzler. I'd love some more Thunderbolts, especially from the Jeff Parker run, but that seems less than likely. I got my Nico, my Spider-Gwen, my Ms. Marvel...I'm not sure what else I really need. A new Man-Thing would be awesome. And a classic Dr. Strange.

Fantastic Four wave is probably gonna be great. Might pick it up, but my room for displaying stuff is at a premium right now.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm really kind of burned out on these. Just felt like too damn many this year. I didn't buy any movie figures, and passed on stuff probably would've bought in a slower year like Nuke and Red Guardian. I can't even get excited for new stuff coming out soon like the next Guardians wave.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:01 pm

I don't collect the 6 inch figures but I'm surprised at that list if it's all characters that haven't been made yet. How many of those are redos? I only collect the 3.75" figures and have been satisfied so far but they're missing quite a few on that front as well. We just recently got Beast, Jubilee and Professor X.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:34 pm

AcidDragon wrote:I don't collect the 6 inch figures but I'm surprised at that list if it's all characters that haven't been made yet. How many of those are redos? I only collect the 3.75" figures and have been satisfied so far but they're missing quite a few on that front as well. We just recently got Beast, Jubilee and Professor X.

There's a lot of big stuff that was made in the ToyBiz days that hasn't gotten an update yet, especially with the until-recently embargo on X-Men and Fantastic Four stuff in the line. There's a lot of characters that could stand a remake in the new Legends.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:11 pm

I'm torn between getting re-dos. Some of them I like, but at the same time paying $20 for some of them I don't like. The lines are just very different now in style from ToyBiz that I guess it's a necessary evil, but I still prefer seeing new stuff like Dazzler.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Marvel Legends is through the roof this year...and they know how to discourage the scalpers as much as possible, issuing figures we want with figures we already have (and don't need more of) with their multitude of exclusives coming up

Well played 'Bro
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Marvel put a hurt on my wallet this year.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion