Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:58 pm

Yeah, just saw that. I wonder if there will be a moment of silence on RAW?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:15 pm

I really don't know much about him; but I did managed to see a match involving him and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat one time in the early 80's.

I find his display of skills extraordinary and I don't know like Packerbacker said ... he will get a moment of respect on Raw tomorrow. It will be interesting if they open up a short segment on him.

He was unusual and different.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:14 pm

By the time I really got into wrestling, around WM 3, I don't remember seeing him around much. Still, he certainly had a unique persona and I'll always remember Piper's Pit with him.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:33 am

Packerbacker,

I remember that segment on Piper Pit and thanks for sharing that clip in You Tube. WWE did a nice spread on Jimmy Snuka about a hour and 15 minutes into Raw and spent about 5-10 minutes covering him and many past Superstars, like Mick Foley, Bret Hart, Triple H, and others gave tribute to him and her daughter Tamika did a great tribute too.

Regarding the Murder Charges - those charges were dropped period.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:16 pm

S0....who's winning the Rumble?

Besides WrestleMania, the Rumble is really the only other PPV I really get excited for even though the obligatory Jey Uso coming out is a disappointment. But they're always fun if not a tad too predictable.

I think the only good thing about there being two world titles is that it makes the Rumble winner a tad more difficult to predict. But even still, I'm having a hard time seeing where they're going here. Jericho? Taker? Samoa Joe? Gillberg?

Who ya got?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:36 pm

I really having a hard time dealing with the Royal Rumble; but a long shot is Samoa Joe could win it because he has the body to combat Kevin Owens for the Universal Championship. Goldberg and Lesner will cancel each other out; some people saying that the Undertaker could win the Royal Rumble and go out as Champion in Wrestlemania in a high note and retire from WWE and a new Champion could be crowned afterwards in a tournament fashion. But, I'm going with Finn Baylor who is entering in this contest and he has the skills set to beat anybody for the Championship whether it on Raw or Smackdown.

I like Finn Baylor and he could be an excellent champion someday and they need to use him in a right way. He could be the Bret Hart of this Generation - I like his moves.

I'm also predicting that John Cena to defeat A.J. Styles to tie Ric Flair Championship Wins and a renewed rivalry of Cena and Styles come in place.

I hate Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho ... to me, Kevin is a bully and has no business in WWE.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:54 pm

I don't like Kevin Owens, either. He's like the Paul Blart of WWE. Lance Storm is right. Owens needs to invest in some real ring attire. Not every wrestler needs to look like he's dressed for a bunkhouse match. Except maybe Lanny Poffo or Bunkhouse Buck.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:50 pm

AcidDragon wrote:I don't like Kevin Owens, either. He's like the Paul Blart of WWE.

Well Said Acid!

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm a big Owens fan, but his current comedy heel/vaguely face character isn't World Title material. NXT Owens, the vicious bully who constantly gaslighted people about his very obvious motivations, that was a heel character. Jericho's leaving after Mania for a Fozzy tour, so if Owens demolishes him and rips up The List when sending him packing, THAT'S a true heel Owens. That's also the Owens who should dress like a lazy scumbag - him thinking he's above everything while looking like a lazy slacker is a great heel gimmick. Current Owens or a face Owens should dress more traditionally.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:43 am

NXT Owens was my preferred choice and I hated when he and Jericho got together and I'm glad that Jericho is leaving after Mania for his Fozzy tour and Kevin doesn't need a partner like Jericho and work alone and that's the Owens that I want.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc