Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Mattel is just KILLING it at Toy Fair!!! Crazy excited for these upcoming figs
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Pleasantly surprised. Modern comics characters aren't my first choice, but anything better than crappy movie figures. And Batwoman is a longtime omission. Just hope the new female figures don't look too out of place. Still a little to Batman-centric, but definitely a step in the right direct (besides that awful Two-Face).
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:13 pm

Ya what is the Two-Face all about?!?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:25 pm

I guess it's from the new All-Star Batman comic book but he looks like a Muppet to me.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:59 pm

Definitely got my money for Batwoman and the rest of the standard comic style line up. I actually really like the Superman head they did for Rebirth Superman. The BAF Clayface looks insanely cool. I just wish they didn't choose to do another redo but I guess they're running out of ideas for giant sized characters who would be good hooks at retail.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 am

I never got that Clayface and I've heard a lot about the rubber falling apart like the Spider-Man Classics Morbius' jaw from years ago, so I'm happy to add him. I will probably try to build two since a little dentistry and some paint would make for a Tarpit figure.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Great idea! I actually have two of the Clayfaces and neither have any issues with the rubber cracking but it might have to do with the climate and humidity as well. Even my Swamp Things (3 of them) have all held up with no cracking. Some with occasional posing and some just left on the shelf so I've been fortunate in that respect.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:42 am

Someone found the King Shark wave at a comic shop in Wisconsin. I'm glad I don't care about this version of King Shark because this wave is rather unimpressive. The Jay Garrick figure looks awful, and I know it's accurate to the book, but that DKR Joker is dreadful looking.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Well, I can assure you it wasn't me that found the wave...wish I did! My shop is as bare bones as it can be...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:21 am

When I owned my comic shop I always made sure to see what customers of mine wanted a full set of each wave and asked for 50% down as to not pinch the wallet too much and I ordered heavy on the Marvel Legends and DCUC as well as the non articulated Warcraft figures. I ordered at least 12-15 cases of both Marvel and DCUC and thats was just for my customers.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel