Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Here's my SP collection

In 1984, Kenner produced some of the most popular DC figures, ever! With a huge roster, each character was equipped with an action feature and provided hours of fun! Relive your childhood and discuss this cool line here.

Here's my SP collection

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Super Powers is one of the few toy lines that I cherish as much as my own girls...I grew up in the greatest and bestest time for action figures; and I truly wish I could go back and see it all again for the first time.

They had action features that we'll never see again and in the classic scale. They had such a wide character variety each with their own unique quality. The playset and vehicles were amazing and I truly wish Kenner would've been able to make Darkseid's lair; but I digress.

I've posted a picture of my SP collection and will post a couple more when I can take better and more detailed photos.

6731055838_image.jpg

Until then, stay minty-fresh everybody!
Brian
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Here's my SP collection

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Sweet man! I know you're not a big fan of DC Infinite Heroes, :batlol: but do you think the Hall of Justice playset would be compatible scale-wise with it?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Acid,

Most definitely! It would be probably better cuz itll be bigger for those figures...You could even throw a Han or Luke in as Snapper Carr!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:48 pm

I'll take a picture with some of the IH figs I have, alongside the SP figs, so you can see for yourself; once the girls are in bed!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Awesome, thanks buddy!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Hope this works...I've tried to crop the crap outta these pics without trying to lose too much of the surroundings for scale...I tried a bunch of times but now the pics are cropped too much

Will retry tomorrow...hey, at least I live up to part of my call sign!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 am

I wish I still had my Hall. I remember coloring the mural on the back with crayons, lol. Still have most of the figures sans capes, and my Flash's nose turned red. I must've gone through several Flash figs as a kid.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Funny thing, man. I almost bought the JLU Watchtower satellite playset for my DCIH collection but it might work well with DC Super Powers as well. :smsmile:

jluwatchtower.jpg
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:22 pm

Hey Savant, where are those IH/KPS pics you promised me? :smlol:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:08 pm

I have....issues
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to DC Super Powers Collection from Kenner