Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Transformers Masterpiece Line

Everybody's favourite robots in disguise... GOBOTS! Just kidding.

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Line

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:27 pm

I did for a while, but I stopped with MP Rodimus. I felt that Takara prices were getting just too high to keep collecting them. I would love to have gotten the new MP10 Optimus and Soundwave that was exclusive to TRU, but I never have any luck with TRU exclusive Transformers. Well at least the ones that I actually want the closest TRU has a over a dozen MP Acid Storm figures. I really wish Hasbro would give the MP line another chance at a full retail release again.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Crazy Jetty » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:09 pm

I only found each one of those once at TRU. And Optimus was broken in the box, and no interest in Soundwave (I *really* want his tapes though).

I dispise TRU exclusives. Never found any of the GDOs.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Shockprowl » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:57 pm

I love the Masterpiece line, and I'm trilled by the 'new' style of ultimate G1 toy meets cartoon. I know other TF fans aren't as keen on this style. But I love it. I hope they keep bringing out the Autobot '84 cars. And we desperately need a new MP Megatron in the new, far more collectable, scale.

MP Prowl arrived to me last week. As my fellow Transmaster UK poster Crazy Jetty will testify, I'm a rather obsessively huge Prowl fan, and this toy is FANTASTIC. Yes the plastic is the cheaper kind we've been seeing in TFs for a while now, but he is so wonderfully designed that I'm over the moon with him.

Also I hope for some more Third Party (3P) Masterpiece style figures. I secured a 'Quakewave' a bit ago, the MP Not-Shockwave from Fanstoys. This figure is truely incredible both in style and quality, and fits perfectly in with the new MP scale. I'm hoping for perhaps some 3P MPs of more less known characters. G1 Skids for example.

Overall, the new MP scale has replaced 'Classics' or 'C.H.U.G.' as my main TF focus.
Shockprowl
Civilian
Civilian

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Picked up the TRU Masterpiece Soundwave today. Price was good considering it comes with 5 cassettes. Very happy with this buy. Especially since I came up empty handed with my MU hunt. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:27 pm

I'd love to find Masterpiece Soundwave, but I haven't had any luck yet. Did they have any other MP Soundwave figures there?
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Just the one. I was so lucky. Then I went to another TRU and all they had were six Acid Storms. :smsad:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:46 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Just the one. I was so lucky. Then I went to another TRU and all they had were six Acid Storms. :smsad:

That is all they had at the TRU I went to :( Mind you the updated MP Seeker mold looks nice, but I don't want to spend $70+ on a toy of a figure based on a background character from one episode. If they made it in Starscream's, Thundercracker's, or Skywarp's colors then that would have been an easy buy for me especially if it was in Starscream's G1 colors. The only MP Starscream I have is the Takara first release in the blue/green Japanese military colors, so a MP G1 Screamer would have been an instant buy if I saw him in a store.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Crazy Jetty » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:49 pm

They did thundercracker last year.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby beastovjudgement » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:53 pm

It is possible, though unlikely, to find a clearance-priced MP Thundercracker at TRU. A coworker picked one up for $45 a few weeks ago. It took a very long time to sell out, so the secondary market pricing might not be that bad, either.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Crazy Jetty » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:16 pm

TC's my favorite character. If i didnt have the original mp tc, I'd have been all over this one. Though i prefer the unremolded seeker.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers