Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Packerbacker Customs Ain't He Grand? Pg. 61

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:06 pm

So after the finale to Star Wars Rebels I decided I wanted a Grand Admiral Thrawn for my shelf. I figured Hasbro was going to make him eventually since many of the parts like legs, arms, tunic, were mostly reusable. But I figured with the 40th Ann stuff and The Last Jedi coming out that it might not be until next year that we see him. And then of course Hasbro unveiled him fo SDCC last weekend. D'oh. Such is life. Actually, out of the 170+ customs I've done this is only the 2nd that was later made into an actual figure (the first was Uncle Sam) so my batting avg. is still pretty good. By the time he was announced I was far enough along with sculpting his head that I figured I might as well finish him. He started out as a DCUC Spectre head because I thought the nose and eyes were a decent similarity. I'm pretty happy with him, though. The version Hasbro showed seems to have smooshed head that doesn't look as much as his Rebels design so I tried to make his head a little more elongated. Not sure how many more Starr Wars customs I'll do. They're designs are pretty unique as opposed to someone just in spandex undies, so it's a little tougher to put the parts together. Maybe back to superheroes after this.

ImageDSCN1017
ImageDSCN1011
ImageDSCN1020
ImageDSCN1015
ImageDSCN1018
ImageDSCN1013
ImageDSCN1012
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Grand Ads? pg. 61

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:16 am

That's an excellent custom and you did very well Packerbacker! .... Nice job on the details and all that!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Never watched the series (I know, I know; what kind of SW fan am I?) but from what I've seen of the character, it looks quite similar to me...nice job PB!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Thanks, guys. I was never into SW cartoons either. But I saw a preview for the finale of Rebels season 2 advertising Vader and Maul, and that was too interesting to miss. Then the Black Series figures got me more invested and I watched season 3. Then I went back and watched the first two seasons. Now I'm on season 2 of Clone Wars, so I'm kind of doing this backwards. I remember how annoyed I was that their were so many different Black Series Troopers clogging pegs at my Walgreens a couple years ago. Now I kind of wished I bought a couple. Here's the working collage I made for Thrawn. I think the head could've been more elongated, but at the same time it was starting to look too big for the body.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:15 am

Good stuff PB!!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Packerbacker Customs Hope & Cave pg. 61

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:11 am

Getting ready to move in the coming weeks so I've been packing and cleaning, and getting this house ready to sell, so custom time has been severely limited the last couple months. But I did manage to slowly cobbled together a couple easier schemed customs. I've been on a bit of a Star Wars kick as well lately, so $10 Krennics has made it possible to build my Imperial Fleet.

"A New Hope" Wullf Yularen

Cave Carson
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Hope & Cave pg. 61

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 am

Yularen's eyes look kind of iffy zoomed in, so will have to touch those up
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Very Nice PackerBacker and I liked the Cave Carson one; because of the colors and everything that you done with it. :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Thanks, Doc. Never thought I'd make Cave Carson but he was easy enough for the limited time I've had.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Those are both utterly fantastic!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs