Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Insuring your comic/toy collection

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Insuring your comic/toy collection

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:12 pm

I've been thinking of this off and on...has anyone out there insured either or both of their comic/toy/statue collection?

If so, who's a good insurer to go with for this and what is the general procedure?

My collection is worth money but its not a new house amount...but at this point in my life (stay-home dad for 5 years now) there's no way I can go back out there and re-collect it all if something bad should happen.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Insuring your comic/toy collection

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi Savant. I've heard that you can actually do this through your home insurance so I would contact them first to see what their rates are like because you might be able to get a better rate since you're already a customer. There's coverage for flood and fire, I imagine theft as well?

I haven't actually done this myself but I've heard through others that your home insurance carrier is usually the way to go. Anyone else actually do this before or know of an alternative/better way?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:07 pm

I really don't know much about this, but i do know that it's not an uncommon thing for collectors to do. So there are procedures in place. Does google or bing turn up anything?
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks guys, I'll check into it and get back to you
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Return to General Discussions