Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu May 04, 2017 9:24 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Geez, the House of Horrors match wasn't that bad. Well, ok, it kind of was.

I did not see it Packerbacker ... just to let you know that.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 am

Lol, then you're one of the lucky ones.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu May 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:
AcidDragon wrote:Why? What happened??

The problem is that WWE and TNA promos are getting longer and longer and too many wrestlers are involved as well. For example in TNA you have matches that using Global Force wrestlers going against TNA wrestlers and they are trying to use the WWE Alliance of where they had ECW and WCW belts in showing up back then and that's alone made me confused as well. I think that WWE needs to move Smackdown to another night and I'm not going to spend 5 hours watching Wrestling anymore and knowing that ... you have 1 hour of Lucha Underground on Wednesday. .... Drum Roll ... and you have 2 hours on Thursday and that's alone is crazy for me to watch 2 hours on an average from Monday to Thursday.

They all need to get it down to 1 hour and cut off the promos and all that. The problem is that I feel that Smackdown should move to Thursday to compete with TNA and I hate the 205 Cruiserweight Division and the NXT Brand as well.

Too many wrestlers going from heel to hero and hero to heel and I just can't keep it up anymore.

I could see how that could be pretty overwhelming! Kind of wish they just had fasttrack shows that condense the content into a more digestable one hour program.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri May 05, 2017 2:13 pm

AcidDragon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:
AcidDragon wrote:Why? What happened??

The problem is that WWE and TNA promos are getting longer and longer and too many wrestlers are involved as well. For example in TNA you have matches that using Global Force wrestlers going against TNA wrestlers and they are trying to use the WWE Alliance of where they had ECW and WCW belts in showing up back then and that's alone made me confused as well. I think that WWE needs to move Smackdown to another night and I'm not going to spend 5 hours watching Wrestling anymore and knowing that ... you have 1 hour of Lucha Underground on Wednesday. .... Drum Roll ... and you have 2 hours on Thursday and that's alone is crazy for me to watch 2 hours on an average from Monday to Thursday.

They all need to get it down to 1 hour and cut off the promos and all that. The problem is that I feel that Smackdown should move to Thursday to compete with TNA and I hate the 205 Cruiserweight Division and the NXT Brand as well.

Too many wrestlers going from heel to hero and hero to heel and I just can't keep it up anymore.

I could see how that could be pretty overwhelming! Kind of wish they just had fasttrack shows that condense the content into a more digestable one hour program.

Exactly, you hit right on the $$$$ ...

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Oh, even though it seems like the golden age for wrestling on TV, there's no way you could/should watch every show. Because of that I rarely watch ROH because their shows are taped weeks in advance so where's the fun? Same with TNA, I DVR it but rarely watch more than a few minutes. It's easier to just read the reviews on a wrestling website and then decide if I want to watch anything before deleting it. At least Raw and now Smackdown are live, so there's that "anything can happen on live TV" incentive to watch, but even there, unless my wife is working that night, I won't sit through the entire 2-3. now if she happens to be working I may put the show on live while I paint or do laundry, but rarely can I sit straight through a whole show--though with less Reigns and Cena it's a little easier to watch.

And even though I have the WWE network, I hardly ever watch NXT. And Lucha Undergrround? I tried, but just can't get invested in the style. I like the storyline aspect because it's different, but most of the wrestlers don't catch my interest. You just need to pick and choose, take a break for a few weeks, skip a feud or ppv. I find sometimes that helps if the shows aren't getting your interest. Even still, when I'm not completely invested, I still find myself going back after a bit. I think like comic books, since it was a part of my childhood, that even if I step away for months/years, eventually I get drawn back in.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun May 07, 2017 3:25 pm

I couldn't agree you more and thanks for sharing those things to us.

On a lighter note, I have been watching great matches on WCW's CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS on YOU TUBE and they were the best and I just finished watching Ric Flair verses Sting that lasted 45 minutes and many of the critics said it was match of the year back then and I still consider it one of the best I've seen.

It was the first WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS.

Sorry the Video isn't good enough ...

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 am

WWE is planning on buying GFW and TNA Films Archives

This is a shocker!

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:28 am

With the release of Fire Pro Wrestling World on PC, a fun 2D wrestling game with a deep history, I've found myself invested in watching wrestling again. I find it hard to get into new stuff but I've been trying. I've been watching a great deal of older stuff from territories and the WWF/WCW material 2000 and older. I also watch a lot of Japan and Mexico stuff.

Man, that is a shocker, DF. Say it ain't so! I don't know how I feel about this.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:47 am

AcidDragon wrote:With the release of Fire Pro Wrestling World on PC, a fun 2D wrestling game with a deep history, I've found myself invested in watching wrestling again. I find it hard to get into new stuff but I've been trying. I've been watching a great deal of older stuff from territories and the WWF/WCW material 2000 and older. I also watch a lot of Japan and Mexico stuff.

Man, that is a shocker, DF. Say it ain't so! I don't know how I feel about this.

WWE wants the Broken Hardy gimmick from TNA and several TNA stars have already in WWE ... Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, and several others as well. I also feel that Jeff Jarrett is thinking of coming back too and WWE wants Kurt Angle more involved with Jeff Jarrett and Karen Jarrett as well. So, that can use that angle. It's makes sense and what I heard that Smackdown maybe going away and they are thinking of going back to Specials like Saturday Night WWE and monthly specials too.

They are also considering bringing back The Clash of the Champions and make that a quarterly event as well. They like NXT and thinking of putting that on a Friday Night and dump the Cruiserweight Division and fire about 20-30 wrestlers from that division.

TNA is having a boat load of troubles and ANTHEM wants out for good.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:WWE is planning on buying GFW and TNA Films Archives

This is a shocker!

This is totally bogus and TNA is rebranding and they are here to stay and fighting hard either with Jeff Jarrett's help or not.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc