Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Here are some more updates.

Mr. Knight which is pretty much finished with just a little touch up here and there to do.

Hardcase

Rebirth Superman
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:28 pm

Looking good
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Customs Discussions Works in Progress etc

Postby AlexmenMn » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:59 am

This guy looks interesting. Looks like you may find him on Cloud City wandering around. What did you use for parts?
Antibiotic treatment for chlamydia http://helpyouantibiotic.top
AlexmenMn
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:34 am

Olds, you are doing one fabulous job and I like the progress that you share with your customs. Nicely Done!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby wally2974 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:25 pm

I know some of you make casts for action figure accessories. I was wondering if anyone can shrink accessories from a 12" Multiverse Wonder Woman to fit 1:12th or 6" figures. There's a 12" Multiverse Wonder Woman figure that comes with 3 different sets of bullet ricochet effects, cast in a translucent yellow plastic. They would be awesome to use with a 6" SC Universe Classics Wonder Woman or a 6" Multiverse movie Wonder Woman. Any suggestions or information would be awesome.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:57 pm

Shrink casting is pretty easy. It's the same as ordinary casting except you use the right formula that has the correct shrinking ratio. Wanna show me which figure you're talking about? I might have some useful information.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:00 am

Ah, I think I know which one you're referring to. Is it this one?

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wally2974 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Yes Acid, that's the exact Wonder Woman, that I'm talking about. It's a great concept, the bullet ricochet effects pieces! I can't understand why they didn't carry that gimmick over to the 6" Multiverse movie Wonder Woman, too. I don't own the 12" figure, and I don't think I'm attempting casts or casting, though.
I don't know about drilling holes into a 6" Wonder Woman's wrists, since the 12" figures pieces attach with small holes in the wrists. Perhaps there's a better way to attach those translucent pieces on the smaller figure. Maybe attached to a small wire, that wraps around the back of her wrist gauntlets. Just brainstorming.... :wwhuh:
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:49 am

I would think the holes are way more prominent when it's on a 6 inch figure. :batsad:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:32 pm

I have the 12" one and those holes are big on that one...if you have a small enough magnet (not sure how small they get) otherwise there's the good ole glue option
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs