Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

What's Your Favourite DC Comic Book Era?

Talk comic books with other fans whether it's the latest New 52 material or some good old classics!

What's Your Favourite DC Comic Book Era?

Golden Age (1930s to 1955)
No votes
Silver Age (1956 to 1970)
8%
Bronze Age (1970 to 1985)
33%
Modern Age (Dark Age) (mid-1980s to 2000)
42%
Modern Age (2000 onward)
17%

Total votes : 12

Re: What's Your Favourite DC Comic Book Era?

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:24 am

My Rankings

Golden Age
I like the drawings, the simplicity, and the glamour of it. Most of all, it's offer great deal of imagination and desires for more and that's why l like this age so much and it's my favorite.

Silver Age
Great Stories and fit in my schemes of things and I like the early days of the Justice League, Avengers, and the Fantastic Four. My 2nd Choice.

Bronze Age
About the Bronze Age, I was working too much and did not venture in it and therefore never got into it at all period. I didn't buy much stuff this age because of work.
Last edited by Doctor Fate on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:09 am

I'm actually reading some Golden Age JSA stories at the moment and there's Doctor Fate and Spectre's origins in my DC Secret Origins TPB. I wish they reprinted Golden Age JSA full runs but I guess that's not in the cards right now except for the trinity. Also finished Silver Age Flash and caught some Jay stories in Greatest Flash Stories Ever Told. Great stuff. Also reading Batman/Superman World's Finest. I'm amazed at how well the stories actually held up. Especially in the World's Finest collection. Many of the stories were from the Golden Age and continued into the Silver Age.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:21 am

AcidDragon wrote:I'm actually reading some Golden Age JSA stories at the moment and there's Doctor Fate and Spectre's origins in my DC Secret Origins TPB. I wish they reprinted Golden Age JSA full runs but I guess that's not in the cards right now except for the trinity. Also finished Silver Age Flash and caught some Jay stories in Greatest Flash Stories Ever Told. Great stuff. Also reading Batman/Superman World's Finest. I'm amazed at how well the stories actually held up. Especially in the World's Finest collection. Many of the stories were from the Golden Age and continued into the Silver Age.

I completely agree with you on this Acid, and I wanted to say this and I still think the Golden Age is my favorite and I've updated my previous post to make myself more clear to all of you here.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:25 pm

I think a huge reason I also greatly admire the Golden Age and Silver Age is because of how many concepts they pioneered in the comic industry. Intergalactic space cops and even something so trivial as heroes teaming with other heroes to show that they exist in the same world are all ideas that we take for granted but were probably ground-breaking at the time. When I read these stories, I'm often blown away by some of the ideas they already started tossing around back in the 30s and not long after.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:30 am

Nicely Said, in your last post ... Acid and I like your thinking here. :)

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:It's so tough to say really...I like the silliness of the Golden, appreciate the Silver for trying to make things real, the Bronze for being as old as me and playing both sides and the modern for being way too hardcore!

But if I have to say only one, it's Silver for that's where my favorite artists and a lot of great stories are from

I really gotta say I have a brand new appreciation for Silver Age after rereading some of the old stories and seeing the art that was produced. Carmine Infantino's team up with Frank Giacoia's inks on the Flash still hold up to this day and same goes for Gil Kane's work on Green Lantern. Gil's pencils are very well showcased in Silver Age GL where as a lot of Gil's pencils are overpowered by Romita Sr.'s inks in Spider-man and while the work looks terrific in Spider-man, you don't really get to see his pencils show through. :smgrin:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FlókiXHarley Quinn™ » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:53 am

New 52 for me I hate Harly's old attire I don't like how she looks like a jester

She looks more like a Punk nowadays which is much better in my opinion :)

Anyway I also enjoy the 1990's - 2000's the artwork is much better, and darker stories.
Cheers Floki :)

The Offical sidekick of Harley :hq3grin: :hq2grin:
FlókiXHarley Quinn™
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:19 am

FlókiXHarley Quinn™ wrote:New 52 for me I hate Harly's old attire I don't like how she looks like a jester

She looks more like a Punk nowadays which is much better in my opinion :)

Anyway I also enjoy the 1990's - 2000's the artwork is much better, and darker stories.

This is my favorite Harley from the Birds of Prey TV Show. She one of my favorites ...

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to DC Comics