Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Postby wally2974 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 am

Hey Savant. If there's someone that can cast/shrink them to 6" or 1:12th, I'd be willing to pay for casts of those pieces. Otherwise, I think I'm going to go the hot glue route, to make the bullet ricochets, paint them translucent yellow, and maybe add magnets to the end. Then, make small holes in Wonder Woman's gauntlets, imbed the other magnet, fill the holes and paint the holes in the gaunlets to match. Let me know.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:46 pm

Hey Wally, Glassman Customs does shrinking but he isn't particularly cheap ($20). Or that might be reasonable, I don't know much about the process or if he can do it for other items (don't see why not). Anyway, he's the only person I know that openly advertises it. You can goigle search his name. Not home right now or I'd include a link.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:18 pm

I can probably do something for you but I would need to get back to you on costs. :)
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wally2974 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Yeah, Packer, I know Glassman does shrinking and is not cheap. Even the cast heads are not cheap.
Acid, if it can be done more affordably, I'd be open to it. Otherwise, like I said, a low temperature hot glue might be the best bet. Just create something very similar to those pieces,that come with the 12" Wonder Woman, and paint them translucent yellow with black tips to resemble the bullets bouncing off.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:37 am

With those irregular shapes, you could definitely produce some fairly accurate and creative looking results from hot glue, and cost effective to boot! Let me know how they turn out!!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wally2974 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Acid, realistically, what do you think it would cost to cast those pieces?

Oh and R.I.P. Adam West, the original Batman! :batsmile:
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:38 am

I'll hit you up on the PM. :)
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wally2974 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Do any of you guys know of a DC universe classics figure that has a forearm cuff that would be good to use for a classic custom Green Lantern Kyle Raynor, that wouldn't need additional sculpting?
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:56 pm

There isn't anything that would be perfect, but a GLC Manhunter arm is your best bet.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby wally2974 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks, Packer. I had a feeling that there wouldn't really be a simple solution. The Green Lantern Corp Manhunter forearm seems like a good suggestion, but I think the forearm would be too long and have to be modified anyway. I was wracking my brain to try to figure out if any other DC Universe figure used a cuffed/braceletted forearm sculpt. Most of the figures use that smooth sculpted forearm, with a painted-on glove detail.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs