Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Multiverse

Mattel got its feet wet in the 3.75" market with Infinite Heroes initially with figures inspired by the Crisis on Infinite Earths cross-over, later adding figures from Public Enemies, modern Teen Titans and more. Fast forward to 2013, they're going to try their hand at 3.75" again. This time promising a much higher quality product in the DC Multiverse Toyline!

Re: DC Multiverse

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Heck, sign me up for a Lew Wilson/Doug Croft Batman & Robin, too. And also the Robert Lowery/Johnny Duncan Batman & Robin from the later serial as well. I watched those from time to time on some old videos I got from a pawn shop. They were a lot better than I thought they would be. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:31 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Heck, sign me up for a Lew Wilson/Doug Croft Batman & Robin, too. And also the Robert Lowery/Johnny Duncan Batman & Robin from the later serial as well. I watched those from time to time on some old videos I got from a pawn shop. They were a lot better than I thought they would be. :batgrin:

I've really been hoping someone would make some sort of merchandise from these serials at some point. Action figures would be amazing (especially if done in black and white). I just don't think they'd sell (besides to me, of course). Love those old movies.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:50 am

I spotted the new DC Multiverse figures today at Target... I passed on Batman, Bane and Mr. Freeze. I was hoping the Burton Batman, Catwoman and Penguin would be out, not to mention the Christopher Reeve Superman and the Terrence Stamp Zod. Guess they will hit in the next wave... hopefully.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Barbecue17 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:39 pm

I picked up Mr. Freeze but I'm having to get a replacement as he arrived without the pipes on his back. It's a really weird error. Otherwise, seems like a pretty nice and interesting figure.
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby Tango X » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:48 pm

No kidding?? Same thing with my Freeze, Barbecue! QC needs some work...
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Sounds like typical Mattel QC to me
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Barbecue17 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:46 pm

So, has anyone gotten a Freeze with both sets of tubes on his back? I figured this was surely a qc issue but maybe it's a weird design issue. I even tried to see if the gun snapped in there somehow but no dice.
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:12 pm

I finally saw these in person at my local Target and I'm glad I didn't buy them, I'm not all that impressed. Had to pass...

But I pray to the toy gods that the Chris Reeve Superman, Zod, and the Batman movie figs look better; I'm planning on getting those for sure
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Barbecue17 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:43 pm

My replacement Freeze came today and all looks to be fine with him. He really seems like a cool figure so I'm excited to work on a review for him tonight.

I really want to see these in stores, though, before I pick up anymore.
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby Havok1891 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:08 am

AcidDragon wrote:So is anyone going to give this line a shot? They look okay, but I'm kind of worried. I'm not that big a fan of videogame figures and I'm apprehensive about buying into it if they did comic styled figures just in that they may try to be too diverse and I'll only really get figures I want every second or third wave. I'd definitely feel a bit short changed if I only got say, four of the big seven and the line died. Still, they look kind of neat. :smwink:

dcmultiverse_arkham_main.jpg
dcmultiverse_1.jpg
dcmultiverse_2.jpg
dcmultiverse_3.jpg
dcmultiverse_4.jpg
dcmultiverse_5.jpg
dcmultiverse_6.jpg

Saw these guys for the first time today. They had Freeze, Batman, Azrael, & Bane. I did not see that torso articulation in Batman. Did something change?

All I can say is that they look god awful for $9.99. But, this being the company that tried to sell me GL, Dark Knight Rises, & Man of Steel 3.75 figures with 1980 Star Wars articulation . . . I am not shocked.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe 3.75" Scale Lines from Mattel