Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Postby Webslinger » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:59 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Saw the Damian Wayne TRU exclusive the other day. Hate the gritted teeth look they gave him so I passed. Already have the older version, and just have too many other things I want to buy right now.

I hear ya, the DC Matty one was better in my opinion, passing on the other....
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:27 pm

In a superhero funk lately. Want Lando really bad. See new DC and MLs hitting stores and just feel 'meh'.

New JL Multiverse figures. Blah!
http://www.supermansupersite.com/0609207.html
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:57 am

These are okay. I'm not big on movie figures which is why the Multiverse kind of repels me. I don't want to have to buy the movie figures just to get the CnCs.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:44 am

I hate movie figures, especially Mattel's because they cheap out on articulation but expect you to pay the same price. Eff that.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:28 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Eh, none of them interest me except Steve Trevor, and that's only to make an Enemy Ace custom.

...Yes, please.

I may end up picking up a Steve Trevor, weirdly enough. I didn't know Chris Pine could act! Let alone be all likeable and interesting, despite the handicap of being Steve Trevor. And I'll pick up various Dianas for my gf.

Are they gonna do a Dr. Poison? I'd buy one. And I want a suited, proper British chap Ares just to have a David Thewlis hanging around and reenact Mike Leigh films.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:30 pm

AFi Exclusive #Mattel #DCMultiverse #SDCC Reveals Part 1
AFi Exclusive #SDCC #Mattel DC Multiverse Reveals – Part 2
AFi Exclusive #SDCC 2017 – #Mattel DC Multiverse Reveal! Part 3

Well it looks like Mattel has finally decided to revamp their figures with updated articulation and better paints (at least on these prototypes). For the male characters they get wrist hings, completely new hip design (well for DCUC figures), thigh cuts, double jointed knees, and ankle pivots (about dang time). The torsos looks to be the same for the most part. The female bodies have been completely redesigned with all of the new points of articulation on the male bodies, but with a diaphragm joint instead of a ab crunch. I'm hoping that they add neck hings, so that the figures can look up for flight poses.

REBIRTH WONDER WOMAN :wwshock:

THE RAY

SIMON BAZ GREEN LANTERN

Classic Bizarro – With swappable hands and #1 medallion. :smlol:

Gotham By Gaslight Batman :batsmile:

Vixen :batshock:

The CnC figure for this wave will be Rebirth Lex Luthor in his armor.

I'm happy to see Mattel finally update their figure, but it burns a little that they didn't make these updates before making Rebirth Batman and Superman :zodrage:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:17 pm

Really digging that Vixen. And she looks sturdier than a lot of the base-body female figures from DCUC. Definitely pick up her for my Squad shelf and Wondie for my gf. Nice Bizarro, too. Makes me think of that unmade Doom Patrol pitch with him.

Also, it's nice to see that they seem interested in continuing the Freedom Fighters. I already have a wonderful Phantom Lady custom, but I'd still buy a Matty one too.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Hey, I have a great PL custom, too! I'll get Vixen but will probably try to modify her colors and hair. At least they're feeding their female figures now.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:04 am

I like the RAY and the BATMAN figures very much and I'm not a fan of that version of LUTHOR. Vixen is a major disappointment for me and I would not pay a Nickel for it.

Wonder Woman forget it about it.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm just jazzed that they're FINALLY trying something new!

But WW needs a longer/larger torso to match the rest of her; Vixen is new and decent; Bats is good; Ray is stunning in itself merely because he's never been made before; Bizarro is fine; they need to make Simon look less "deer in headlights" and I really like that Super-Lex
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel