Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

A couple questions about "Holiday Items"

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

A couple questions about "Holiday Items"

Postby S. Griffin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:21 pm

How are these handled with regard to the subscription of days of sale? Are Holiday Items subscription only or are they offered for sale as non-subscription items but destined to sell out in Early Access?
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Re: A couple questions about "Holiday Items"

Postby Avalon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:55 pm

General consensus is that it’s an item not offered in the sub but offered via Early Access like Sky High and Jet Sled. :halgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 pm

I had no problem securing my Sky High/Jet Sled this year. Guess it’ll depend solely on what the holiday item ends up being and how popular it’d be.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Well some schmuck on the Fwoosh is pushing for Saurod and Gwildor as the holiday item for 2015 no less. I'm not really convinced the line would even last that long. I don't know how that nonsense gets to be on the front page like that aside from the type of cronyism that site is rife with.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:14 pm

The line is definitely winding down to the nitty gritty. I think anything beyond 2014 is probably in at least some level of danger if it isn't tooled in advance.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby S. Griffin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Which is why Saurod should be 2014 (but not a holiday item) or shown at SDCC next year for early 2015. I don't generally collect MOTU, but I NEEEEEEED that thing.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Given that they're doing Blade, I think it's pretty imperative at this point that they make sure that we get Saurod.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe