Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Batman Power Attack 4 Inch Line

Mattel got its feet wet in the 3.75" market with Infinite Heroes initially with figures inspired by the Crisis on Infinite Earths cross-over, later adding figures from Public Enemies, modern Teen Titans and more. Fast forward to 2013, they're going to try their hand at 3.75" again. This time promising a much higher quality product in the DC Multiverse Toyline!

Batman Power Attack 4 Inch Line

Postby Rex Mason » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Anybody plan on buying these, or have some already?

I just got the Gotham City All-Stars pack (which I've been hunting for for a good 5 months now). It has the standard version of Batman (blue and gray), Robin, Joker and Two-Face, along with a Batman in a black costume. It's on Target.com now if anyone else is interested. This is the first time it's been on their site that I'm aware of. I believe it shared the same SKU with the Dark Knight Rises 5 pack, thus making it hard to track down. No stores near me ever ordered it, in fact.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to others from this line (Azrael, Deathstroke and Clayface especially). I'm not a completist on this line, though, as I have no use for all the bizarre Batman variants. I only buy the figures that are fairly close to the source material.

Am I the only one that's going to be collecting this series?
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Re: Batman Power Attack 4 Inch Line

Postby Avalon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Not at all, I already have a lot of the figures from 2012. I wasn't even aware of Azrael, Deathstroke and Clayface. I think the Robin looks great except the red streak in his hair is kind of funky. The logo is nice. I wish they used that on Tim Drake. I have Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, a bunch of different Batmans. I don't have Bane but he looks like a beast! If you can see them for what they're intended to be which are fun toys for kids with action features, there's a lot of fun to be had. :hhgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Rex Mason » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:30 pm

It sounds like you have a lot of the original 5-6 inch scale figures. Are you going to be collecting the smaller ones, too?
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:34 pm

I think so. I have a lot of random figures from different lines and I wouldn't mind going for some of the smaller scale stuff. Are they pretty much exactly the same as the larger ones? Like would you say the biggest difference is scale?
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Rex Mason » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Yeah, they're a lot smaller and are lacking the elbow articulation.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:02 pm

That's not a total deal breaker for me so long as they look cool. I don't really pose a lot of my guys beyond the usual standing with arms at the side anyway. Not unless they're some crazy highly articulated taller scale. Say 1/6. Most of my DCUC are just in the generic neutral pose.

Not everyone is a fan of Batman, Inc. but I think it would be cool if they made some of those guys in this line. Batman Unlimited would've been a cool spot for that but it's obviously not happening for that now.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Rex Mason » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:17 pm

I love Batman Inc., but I'd rather see them in 6-7 inch scale from DCC. You'd think a Batwing would at least have made it out by now.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Yep I particularly like Batwing, Nightrunner and the Squire myself. :batgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Just got the blue Azrael, Flash, and Superman/Batman set off Amazon. These are nice little figures and do have elbow and knee articulation in this new series. I'll be buying the Clayface/Green Arrow/Deathstroke multi-pack whenever it's available to get the rest of the figures in the line.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby PJ322 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:57 pm

Here are the new figures out of the two boxed sets I received for Christmas.
The new figures from the Boxed sets -
Bane - His arms don't move down to his sides.

Solomon Grundy -

Joker -

Two-Face -

Red Hood -

Red Robin -

Azrael -

Nightwing -

Batman Beyond -
PJ322
Civilian
Civilian

Next