Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Power Rangers Moves to Hasbro in 2019

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Power Rangers Moves to Hasbro in 2019

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:17 am

In a stunning and quick set of events, Bandai America have lost rights to produce Power Rangers toys in the United States after 25 years. In 2019, Hasbro will take over as the master license holder of Power Rangers and produce all main line merchandise in the United States for the brand. The reveal comes courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter with comments from Brian Goldner and Haim Saban.

“We’re particularly excited to partner together to help reignite and drive this brand for the next 25 years and more,” Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner tells Heat Vision about the deal. “It’s a partnership that is very collaborative and feels very good to us to be in business with Saban and to help power Power Rangers.”

Make sure to stay tuned this weekend and check out TokuNation in the coming days and weeks for more details!

http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/16/confirmed-power-rangers-moves-hasbro-2019-286060

power-rangers-hasbro.jpg
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Power Rangers Moves to Hasbro in 2019

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:08 pm

Wow! What a curveball. I'm interested in seeing what they come up with. I'd love a 3.75" and 6" line that features every ranger of every generation.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:29 pm

I'm not much for Power Rangers but I would love to see what Hasbro can do with the line. It amazes me that Hasbro seems to be dominating the toy industry by acquiring these licenses... They recently got another license but I can't think of the name right now.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:50 pm

I've actually gotten a lot more into it again recently. I've been watching the entire series from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and I'm currently on Jungle Fury. Some of them are super cheesy but it's still pretty watchable. For me, anyway.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:33 am

Jason David Frank is supposed to be appearing at a local con here in April
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:50 am

Cool! He seems like a pretty cool cat. Let me know if you meet him and what the experience was like!
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:07 am

He has always been a very nice and generous guest from what I've witnessed in the past.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:46 am

Webslinger wrote:He has always been a very nice and generous guest from what I've witnessed in the past.

That's what many of my friends at my local comic book store that I go to and he's loves sharing things ... a fan favorite of all Power Rangers Fans that watches the show faithfully.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Avalon » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:59 am

If this can breath new life into the series I am 100% on board. I also hear JDF is a great guy. I know he has beef with ASJ but I think they cleared that up now.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:32 am

Just started watching Power Rangers RPM. Man, this is a crazy series! Also, Rose McIver from iZombie is the Yellow Ranger!
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Toy Discussions