Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Universe Classics Wave 05 (Metallo CnC) Pre-order!!

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

DC Universe Classics Wave 05 (Metallo CnC) Pre-order!!

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Direct Link to Item

MAT12235.jpg

I was checking DC inventory over at Big Bad Toy Store and... by some stroke of a miracle, DC Universe Classics Wave 5, the Metallo wave, seems to be available for pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store?? Not sure if it's an error, but that's pretty great for those who missed out on this kick-ass wave.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DC Universe Classics Wave 05 (Metallo CnC) Pre-order!!

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Love that Riddler and Black Lightning. Always wished Eradicator had clear goggles, but he's still pretty great for my Outsiders collection. I remember having to resort to ebay for this wave back in the day. Got a good deal, but man was this series hard to find.

Guess they were all hiding in a warehouse next to the ark of the covenant somewhere.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:15 pm

This is pretty much one of my favourite waves. Yeah the original prototype had a clear set of shades but the final version was a solid colour. I ended up recasting those in a clear material but as it turns out, the resin I used was extremely toxic. Apparently, a lot of resins that cure clear are. Teach me not to read the warning label first. These days, I'm extremely careful with that. I kind of wish they used that Riddler suit buck for Ra's instead of the one they went with because I think the cuffs look a lot classier than the standard one that requires the giant Hawkman fists to fit.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Weird. That's more than I'd like to pay, so I'll pass. Honestly was one of my least favorite waves as I only bought Black Lightning and Atom. Wouldn't mind Amazo, but don't care about the rest.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Amazo is actually very cheap on the secondary. :batgrin:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Yeah. He's just never been a priority for me.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:56 pm

I never saw this Walmart exclusive wave at the time they were supposed to be out, but then Matty released them on their site and I was able to snag one before they sold out...for being an "meh" wave, meaning the reuse of and simplistic paint jobs, I quite like it.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:39 am

I want this, but i cant afford that much atm
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Too bad they were selling them as singles, I would buy Black Lightening, Atom and Eradicator...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Crazy Jetty » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:08 pm

I only want metallo and riddler. You wannd see about going in on it together?
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel