Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

NECA Bootleg Turtle Repaints

Our favourite shell backs are back with a new hit TV series, a new movie and a plethora of colourful action figures to boot!

NECA Bootleg Turtle Repaints

Postby SubsonicJoint » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 am

I know this is super mega old news, but I recently bought the NECA bootlegs from ebay and though they haven't arrived yet I am really excited for them specifically because my old originals are lost in limbo.

I don't mean to reopen old wounds but I really am missing that Shredder and Foot Ninjas now. :(

Do you think Bebob and Rocksteady if given a repaint could intertwine with the New Classics?

On a related note I hate the New Classic Turtles even though they weren't much price wise I fell they were really bad design wise. I feel even the originals had better head sculpts and that was back in 89! :( oh well.
SubsonicJoint
Civilian
Civilian

Re: NECA Bootleg Turtle Repaints

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:25 pm

I couldn't agree more about the Classics heads. I mean they weren't all bad, but Don's was so weird looking with one eye going forward and the other going sideways and it seemed like this was intentional because they were all like that...
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:38 am

I'm absolutely not a fan of the classics. They feel way too big, and their sculpts are extremely derpy. And when you look at the amazing sculpts for the modern toys, they look even worse.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Havok1891 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Which Ninja Turtles Classics is this? Are we talking about the 6 inch figures that TRU had? I came here tonight about to post about how much I really appreciate these figures. They are pretty much what I used my TRU points on so I maybe spent like $15 total on all 4. I read about issues with the eye apps, but I've looked at them for a while and I can't see it. I really really like these guys. I did wonder why the heads aren't my identical to the originals. Like why didn't the make it s new Don has two sides of teeth showing? Gonna guess it's not quite his character to try and look so mean?
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Tango X » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Out of all mine, only Don's eyes were effed up. Seemed to be all the Don's at my TRU when I looked.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Webslinger » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:59 pm

I managed to get all four of the classic turtles and I didn't have any paint/eye issues, mine were all fine. Maybe this was just a case of a bad batch going out of the factory with poor quality control?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Webslinger » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:02 pm

I will say that the new Bebop and Rocksteady fit in more with the Nickelodeon Turtles than the classics just based on their size...
IMG_0227.JPG
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:51 pm

I've had pretty poor luck with finding Donatello's without messed up eyes myself. I did find one but it was strange, it was like the only one that looked right and then all the other ones had messed up eyes.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Havok1891 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:25 am

I find myself looking at these figures like I would at one of those pictures where you are supposed to see an image of a sailboat hidden in a pattern. I do think my Raph may have a slightly bigger pupil on his left than on his right, but I have to look so closely for it . . . that it doesn't bother me. Also, I feel like it somehow adds to making him look angry. They do all seem to be looking above them. Maybe the threat is something very tall?
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles