Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

In Memory of Lou Scheimer:(

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

In Memory of Lou Scheimer:(

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:40 am

Man, may he rest in peace :cry: He was such a talent and creating the great animated TV shows ever from He-Man, She-ra and Bravestarr to name a few! He was a great voice actor as well, he will be missed :cry:

ImageImage

From He-Man.org

The He-Man.org Community was saddened today when news broke that the legendary Lou Scheimer had passed away on October 17, 2013. Mr. Scheimer was the co-founder of Filmation Animation Studios, the company that brought to life the worlds of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power.

Well-known to fans, Lou Scheimer was the executive producer of our beloved cartoon series that not only entertained and captivated our childhoods, but also instilled the fans of He-Man and She-Ra with meaningful stories filled with life lessons and moral fiber. Many of us would be proud to wear a stamp reading “a Filmation production” as these shows helped mold us in to whom we are. The work of Mr. Scheimer truly touched our lives in a unique and powerful way that we are still fans to this day.

Our hearts go out to Lou Scheimer’s daughter, Erika, and his entire family. The way he embraced and loved the fans of He-Man and She-Ra, he truly felt like family to us. Without the passion and dedication he energized in to Filmation, the He-Man.org Community would probably not exist today. Because of his magic and vision, so many of us have made some of our best friends and even found that special someone.

We thank Lou and will remember him each and every time we see his famous signature appear in the opening title sequences of our cartoons, or hear his voice in the forms of King Randor, Swift Wind, and so many others. Lou, you will always have the power!
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: In Memory of Lou Scheimer:(

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Man, that sad. I'll always remember all the contributions that he made to my favourite animated properties growing up!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Oh man, that sucks. His sig at the end of some of my fave shows is iconic to my childhood.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Webslinger » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Truly a visionary, way ahead of his time... he will be missed greatly.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe