Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Universe Classics Wave 05 (Metallo CnC) Pre-order!!

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC Universe Classics Wave 05 (Metallo CnC) Pre-order!!

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:13 pm

It is weird that it's up for pre-order. I missed out getting the Riddler & the Atom in this wave, so I wouldn't mind picking them up. But I don't need the entire set. This wave has one of my favorite DCUC figures the Eradicator. I just wish they didn't make his cape so stiff, and his visor really needed to be translucent.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Yeah eradicators cape is one of the worst ones they made...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:54 am

Crazy Jetty wrote:I only want metallo and riddler. You wannd see about going in on it together?

Lett me know what you have in mind...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Freddie: » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:57 am

I have no interest in these but I just love it when the rising cost of NEW petroleum affects the price old stock that was inventoried incorrectly.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Crazy Jetty » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:35 pm

These are rare so of course he 's gonna charge a bit more than he didsay...what, 8 years ago?
It y makes sense.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Hey guys. If you include Metallo as a figure it only works out to $23.33 per figure and everyone short of Amazo gets around $25+ on eBay these days. Metallo himself goes for around $65+ as well. BBTS prices have nearly always been a few dollars more than retail to make it worth their time so I still think this is reasonable. I'll probably pick this set up myself and then sell Eradicator. I bought him loose a while back for over $25. Don't remember exact cost, but it wasn't cheap. If you're not a Superman fan, you can buy this set and sell Metallo for $70 and Eradicator for $25-30 and get the rest of the figures for around $9.50.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:19 pm

Hey Avalon, I agree. This is a great opportunity for anyone who doesn’t have any of these figures but always wanted to get them at less than eBay prices. Especially when you consider Metallo’s value. :smgrin: These aren’t 2005 cheap by any stretch but I think they are a more than fair reflection of today’s asking prices for these particular figures. :smeradicate:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:12 pm

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday at a Roses Discount Store. I stopped there to see if they still had some 6 inch YJ Batman figures which they did. After picking up the Batman I spotted an almost complete set of DCUC Wave 5 figures the only one missing was the Riddler. I ended up passing on the Batman, but I did buy all the wave 5 figures at $7.50 each to boot :)

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Damn, nice score. I hate all of you with Roses in your area. Always hear about cool stuff being found there. Not a single one within a three hour drive of me. :(
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 18, 2014 5:12 pm

In related news I saw a DCUC Toyman at Marshalls the other day. :mosad: Yeah, cuz that's the kind of crap I tend to find in my area.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel