Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Batman Unlimited

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Batman Unlimited

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:29 am

I thought I would start a thread for all the Batman Unlimited figures :adambomb:

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Batman Unlimited

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:39 am

I got the final two figures of the line this week. I really wish they would have given them an ab crunch. I really like the design for Deathstroke, but the articulation on the legs was horrible. I replaced the factory joints in the knees and ankles with Revoltech Joints, and cut out some of the material of the waist so his legs could move forward more. After a little paint touch up he will be going up on my DCUC shelf. I like the Arkham Origins Batman, but there are few things off with him to me. One his head seems a little too small, his arms are a little too short, and he could have really benefited from an ab joint.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Nice pics, olds! I totally forgot about this final wave!! It doesn’t look half bad, either, unlike the awful Injustice final nail DC Unlimited got.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:32 pm

I forgot about them as well until I saw the write up about them over at the fwoosh. Well Slade has the same articulation as the terrible injustice figures in his legs, but that was fixable with some cutting and a little work with the dremel to pop in some revoltech joints
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:25 pm

I was looking at that Deathstroke online and thought he looked pretty cool. Then I realized it was the DC Collectibles version, lol. I don't like the Mattel version nearly as much. Guess I'd buy hin for parts at the right price hut losing the ab crunch makes me less interested. Cheap skates. Hasbro puts in mini BAGs and kits if weapons for the same price. I know Spade has some nice weapons but offsetting that cost with removing the ab crunch is a cheap call. Its why I can't get into the Movie Masters line.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:24 am

It's too bad all these retail lines died...I bought Batgirl as soon as I saw her (and she was the only one ive ever seen) and of the final wave I've only ever seen Nu52 Bats and the Zur-en-Ah Bats which was "meh"...but thanks to my cousin I have TDKR Bats who's still minty-fresh!

I liked where the DC and Batman Unlimited lines were going but sad to see these types of figures go, to make way for these new stupid toys
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Avalon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:03 pm

I think the sculpts on these are pretty good but I could see myself repainting them.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:10 pm

I’ll probably do the same with mine... if I get them.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel