Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

3.75" Star Wars Black Series

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

3.75" Star Wars Black Series

Postby Caleb » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:40 pm

So what's the deal with these guys? Was the 'Bro just making sure the packaging for the 6" line and 3" line matched or something? Is there anything that actually sets them apart from the 1,000 other 3" Wars figures on the market? I'm still working with the original Black Card series and some of the Episode I "Flashback" figures from 1998 or whenever, and I was considering rebuying the heavies now that I've got some CIE cash freed up.

So, does anybody have them? Thoughts? Are they worth the money? What's different?
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: 3.75" Star Wars Black Series

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:10 am

I saw these today at the Walmart and I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed. I mean they look cool but only because it's Darth Vader. It's pretty expensive for what it is. They don't appear to come with too many accessories. The packaging also looks kind of blah.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beastovjudgement » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:15 pm

I don't get it, really. Around here, at least, the Black pricing is exactly the same as that of the regular series. The only difference seems to be the packaging. Maybe they were running low on new characters and variants to release, and are trying to go after the packaging-specific crowd with this series.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Not sure. I wouldn't mind getting into this series but the price point is a little more than I want to pay for them. In reality, the only scene I really want to recreate is the sail barge scene outside of Jabba's Palace and so far, they haven't really done too many figures for that. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Havok1891 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:14 am

Finally saw something different of these guys. Was in a Walmart and spotted a Clone Wars Mace Windu and a Nikto alien, I think from Jabba's palace or barge. The other figures behind it were all Biggs, why is he more red than orange?
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Yeah not impressed with the newly renamed black series...the figs are EXACTLY the same as every other 3.75" line with the same articulation...nothing new

Thank the Bro for the 6" Black series!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Skullmaster » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:07 pm

What's the availability been like in your area, guys?
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:57 am

Sporadic at best...my Wally and ShopKo's have carried them, but they're rarely restocked. My Target has only had them one time and that's when they were initially released.

Anyone else?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:58 am

The most of them that I have seen at one time was the TRU in Appleton, WI and that was some time ago.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Skullmaster » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:47 pm

Ah I see. Hey nice new badge, IS!! :bafgrin:
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Next

Return to Star Wars