Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Batman: Arkham Origins

Shoot the breeze with your fellow gamers on all the cool games based on your favourite DC characters like Arkham Origins, Scribblenauts Unmasked, Infinite Crisis and my personal fave... DC Universe Online!

Batman: Arkham Origins

Postby Tango X » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Quick reminder to everybody... Batman: Arkham Origins is out tomorrow!!!!! :batshock: This is my most anticipated game of the year.

arkhamoriginslogo.jpg
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Got mine for the XBox 360 pre-ordered from Futureshop. Looking forward to playing it this weekend. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:27 pm

So who's been playing this game? Turns out I don't get my copy until next week even though I pre-ordered it. :batshock:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:16 pm

That sucks, man. The game is fantastic. I hope you get it soon!!! It's really fun. After I complete it, I'm going to replay Arkham Asylum and Arkham City and get any trophies I missed the first time around.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Crap. I’ve become so rusty at this game.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:34 am

Okay, so I finally got to play Arkham Origins. What happened was I pre-ordered Arkham Asylum but I didn't buy Arkham City so I ordered it with my copy of Arkham Origins. I didn't want to play Arkham Origins without playing City first so I beat the game this evening after starting it on Monday. It feels way shorter than Arkham Asylum. As I did with Arkham Asylum (and any game I buy) I started the game on Hard mode and played it through even though it was my first time. I got my butt handed to me initially but became pretty good by the end. City out of the way, I started Arkham Origins on Hard...

Holy crap. This game is at least twice as difficult as I found City. The timing feels a bit different and the combat doesn't quite feel as robust for some reason. I do enjoy it but man, when I got to Croc, that took me over 30 minutes of retrying to beat him and trying different strategies until I finally beat him by smoke bombing his four goons and laying a beatdown on Croc. I almost feel like I should be playing this game on Normal or I'll find it more frustrating than fun. I heard Deathstroke the hardest boss in the game and is more like 10 Star Difficulty M. Bison vs. Croc who's more like 4 Star Difficulty M. Bison. I do enjoy the game, though. Somehow, they managed to make it feel like a prequel.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:21 pm

I had no problem with Croc for some reason (beat him on the first try). But I'm currently stuck at Deathstroke. I've only played this game on two occasions now, but after trying to beat Deathstroke for over an hour, I gave up. Hope I get past him when I finally have time to play this again.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Tango X » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:00 pm

I've been playing this game into the ground. Mostly because I've been sick in bed so I've got plenty of time on my hands, heh.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:02 pm

The game is a blast. I should catch something so I can get some downtime to play it more. :batlol:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Spent a couple more hours last night on it and finally beat Deathstroke. Man, he was the worst. Should all be smooth sailing from here. Hoping to get a few hours to play this weekend.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Next

Return to DC Games