Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

S.O.S. Save Our Sidekicks! A New Forum Game

A section to chat about DCTR's official forum games as well as run your own forum games if you wish to do so.

S.O.S. Save Our Sidekicks! A New Forum Game

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:58 am

sos.png

About the Game: Sidekicks have historically had a habit of getting kidnapped and tortured while waiting for their mentors to come save them. This game is a homage to that and Hangman. Most people are familiar with Hangman. You guess a letter and if you're right, it reveals where it goes in the missing slots. Wrong? Then you get another piece of the Hangman drawn. In this game, the sidekicks have been kidnapped and you need to solve the word puzzles in order to disable the traps in time and free them. You can work as a team with each other or you can work against each other. Or play on your own when it's empty. You're all working on the same puzzles at the same time. What player 1 sees, player 2 sees.

How Points Work You get 1 point for every correct letter. You get 1 point deducted for every incorrect letter. You get 9 points for entering the final correct letter "cracking the puzzle". You get 10 points for correctly guessing the phrase before all the letters are filled (and steal the opportunity away from other players to gain points/solve it themselves). You lose 5 points for every wrong attempt at cracking the puzzle. You get 5 points for guessing a puzzle correctly and making no incorrect guesses (this includes incorrect guesses by other players on the same puzzle).

Pin and Play You can now pin the game to the forum (and un-pin it). What this means is that you can play the game and chat on the forum the same time. Waiting for new posts to appear? Click View New Posts and play while you wait. Each turn you make also refreshes the New Posts page so that you'll see when new posts are added!

Original Message: We're excited to announce that we're adding a new FREE interactive forum fan-game for our community to enjoy. I'm still working with our team to get a few of the kinks out of it but I got the Moderators to beta test it and I think we've worked out most of the problems. It's a game based on Hangman with a few twists and retro gaming feel. It may appear quite simple but I can honestly say that creating a game, however simple it may seem, takes a lot of hard work and this little project has been no exception. :smlol: This is also our way of thanking everyone who has been posting on here regularly which I do appreciate a lot as it helps keep this little community going which I genuinely care about.

Okay, so there are couple of requirements in order to participate. First, you need to be a member of the forum, duh. Secondly, you need to have your Rookie badge. That's right, you need your minimum 20 posts in order to play. This isn't 20 posts per day, this is 20 posts, ever, in all the time you've been here. Most of us already have this so it's not a problem. It's not hard to get 20 posts so I think this is quite reasonable. :batlol:

When we launch the game (probably this Monday the 11th), it'll be on a trial basis as I don't know if this server will be able to sustain it and since I'm paying for everything out of my pocket (with a little assistance from BBTS so I hope you guys do use that banner up top when you go to their site whether or not you intend to buy something so that we can keep them as a sponsor) I'll have to use this trial period to see if the game will eat up my server load/bandwidth limits on my current plan. Hopefully it'll be the first of a few that we have in stored for you guys. I hope you guys enjoy the game! :batwink:

-AcidDragon
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Coming Soon: S.O.S.

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:17 am

Oooh sounds fun. When do we get to play?? :bafgrin: And how does it work? Do we post our guesses on the forum or...
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Tango X » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 am

Thanks man. Looking forward to it. :halgrin:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Cool, this looks awesome. :batlol: How many tries do I get before I lose??
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Six chances to get it wrong. On the seventh fail, bad stuff happens. :smwink:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:14 pm

LOL I love it!!! This is a really clever take on Hangman, you guys are awesome.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Let me know if you encounter any bugs or funny stuff. Thanks man.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:38 pm

After the seventh wrong guess Dan DiDio appears and pees on your childhood.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:48 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:After the seventh wrong guess Dan DiDio appears and pees on your childhood.

:batlol: I suspected as much.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Avalon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:52 am

Robin died. I'd feel more guilty if it wasn't Jason. :batwink:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Next

Return to Forum Games