Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Action League

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

DC Action League

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Does anyone else collect this line, too? I was pretty sad to see it go. Now I'm just picking up the ones I missed on eBay. :smsad:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Re: DC Action League

Postby Freddie: » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:33 pm

I pretty much have all of them, well the unique characters anyway. I missed out on Blue Beetle who was selling from Japan for under $3 before Mattel cancelled him. I also missed out on the single release of Atom from the first wave. I don't have Alloy, another figure that snuck by on eBay but never hit retail.

Now I'm depressed. :batlol:
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Sorry for reopening old wounds, Freddie: :galol:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Freddie: » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:47 pm

How's the hunt going? It should be a pretty easy set to complete. I don't remember many of them being uber rare. Except the aforementioned "wound" figures. :smwink:
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:49 pm

It's been mostly filler bins at flea markets and loose lots on eBay. I'm ending up with a few repeats but I might get my friend to make some cool stuff out of them with the leftovers. :batwink: I think this is a set that could have benefited from blind bag madness playing off our collector OCD. :batgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Freddie: » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:43 pm

Have you seen the Toys R Us 6 pack anywhere? It includes a clear Gentleman Ghost. It was a solid pegwarmer for months and then it disappeared. I have a feeling Mattel bought it back from them because I swear they never sold a single piece.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Avalon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:14 pm

By the time I started collecting, the only thing I've seen is the pack with Saint Walker. :batsad: These are actually really well made figures. In my opinion, better than Superhero Squad. I wish they did a better job of advertising it and got it some TV spots so it lasted longer.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 am

Freddie: wrote:Have you seen the Toys R Us 6 pack anywhere? It includes a clear Gentleman Ghost. It was a solid pegwarmer for months and then it disappeared. I have a feeling Mattel bought it back from them because I swear they never sold a single piece.

Mattel must have something against Gentleman Ghost...what with the lack of DCUC Ghost distribution
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby BatmanJack » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:11 am

I am a HUGE fan of this line - much more than DCUC if you can believe that.

I have nearly every figure from the line with a few exceptions - the ones listed before - and a few other items - I never got the batsub... I don't know why!!!

If you are really hardcore about this line, do yourself a favor and check out Target at the very beginning of every Holiday season - they've had a few special edition Batman figures that, normally I'd want nothing to do with because I'm not a huge fan of weird variants that don't make sense, but they do repaints of the Batman that originally came out when the line switched from Brave and the Bold to DC Universe - the one with the arm articulation.
The Hammer of Justice is unisex!
BatmanJack
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Avalon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Hey Jack, can you post some photos of your collection? I've always wondered what the scope of this series is really like. The minor points of articulation that they added to this series of mini figures really sold me on it.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Next

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles