Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Imaginext Line

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

DC Imaginext Line

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:04 pm

imaginextlogo.png

Anyone getting the line or certain figs for your kids (yourself)?

My girls really like this line. They have the Batcave (got for $15 at Target-misplaced sale tag!) and Joker sets and a variety of figures...

For being such cheesey figs the sculpting is brand new on each and is really well done
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: DC Imaginext Line

Postby amos brearly » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:53 pm

im seriously considering getting some of these for my youngest daughter this coming christmas. she is 2 and loves looking at dads batman collection.

i love the villain hideouts and vehicles. the penguin has always been a favorite of mine and i think his penguin submarine is awesome.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Exactly...there's so much variety and thought going into this line that it feels like its a cousin of the Super Powers figs!

Have you seen the recent character selections? Darkseid, Brainiac, Super Friends Lex Luthor, Gorilla Grodd, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Red Tornado, Black Manta w/ ship, Wonder Woman w/ invisible jet, the javelin, another Batcave and a (dorky) Fortress of Solitude set...lotsa meataballsa
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:39 am

This looks exactly like something I would've loved to have when I was a child. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:12 pm

I've bought several of these. They stay in my collection room/office (the Batcave), but my daughter and I play with them together. They're pretty much the only toys of mine she's allowed to play with, and we have a ball. Seriously, if you have kids, these are so much more fun to play with than their other toys. All the action features really make my daughter happy.

So far I have the original Batcave, Joker's Funhouse, Mr. Freeze's hideout, and the Gotham City Jail. I pretty much have all the Batman-related characters (except for Bruce Wayne), and some of the cooler vehicles (Penguin's sub, Riddler's car, the Gotham PD car and van, the Adam West-ish Batmobile). Plan on getting more, especially the play sets. Just need another low table to display/play them on.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Strathaar » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:34 pm

I admit I have added to this line (I had purchased the Green Lantern stuff - I know HUGE surprise there). I now have Green Arrow, Red Tornado/Cyborg, Black Manta and Aquaman. With nothing else to collect a guy's gotta do something.
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Webslinger » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:22 pm

That's how I got started on the line.... :batgrin:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:22 pm

The figures look awesome, though. I really dig the over-sized Clayface with the Batman in his mouth. The proportions almost remind me of vintage Battlebeasts. I almost started collecting DC Action League figurines, but I knew that I'd easily get carried away with something like that.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loolar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:17 pm

I wish we had that Clayface!

Just went down the hall to snap a pic of what the kids are playing with. They do the ultimate mash-ups. There's Joker grabbing Spider-Man with the pincer-thing. We have some Imaginext, some Action League (He got Larfleeze so I could take Glomulous to put with my Larfleeze), and some of the Marvel versions (forget what they're called).

Note the bat-plane that comes out of the BTAS Batmobile - man I wish they'd re-release that toy. Got this one off Ebay, and so far it's holding up okay. And of course the obligatory Dinosaur - my daughter has dinosaurs in all of her play.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:50 pm

My girls love playing with these figs too...funny this is, these are the majority of the New 52 figs I own!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles