Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The DC Superpowers General Discussion Thread

In 1984, Kenner produced some of the most popular DC figures, ever! With a huge roster, each character was equipped with an action feature and provided hours of fun! Relive your childhood and discuss this cool line here.

The DC Superpowers General Discussion Thread

Postby Tango X » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:58 pm

This line is before my time but they do look pretty neat. :halgrin:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Re: Here's my SP collection

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Tango,

These were some of the coolest figs around, with each of the 32 figures having an action feature of some sort; truly awesome and something we won't see again. If you can get your hands on one and see for yourself you'll definitely understand.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:52 am

This is a fantastic playset and even though the Young Justice HoJ facade is nice, it'll never beat this!

I really wish Kenner would've made Darkseid's playset, that would've been such a cool piece to accompany this.

image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 pm

What the... that's AWESOME! :batshock: I've got to seriously get my hands on some of these figures. I've seen them at flea markets here and there. Online prices are pretty high.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Yeah, you can make a killing at flea markets; provided you find them!

My cousin found his Super Powers batmobile at a flea market a couple years ago for $10 and in great shape...I did notice someone on eBay is selling a couple SP figs on a moderate conditon card back for a starting bid of $9.99; but those won't last long
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:45 pm

I believe it. I see them go for 6" figure prices for just the common guys. Hopefully I'll find a cheap lot. Might do some customs, too. This looks like a fun set to do customs for. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:38 am

I've seen a mess of customs using these same molds as well as the Toy Biz line that followed SP...then there are the Argentinian ones and the ITW figs (even though they're actual molds, a lot look like customs made by a 5 year old!)!that tried to finish off Wave 4 of the Kenners Super Powers; I'd like to get those but they're hard to find and pricey too.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Seems like a lot of the figures go for quite a bit on eBay and even in lot sales and some of those look like they've been dragged across the concrete (probably were). I'm going to comb a couple of the local flea markets this weekend, though. Should have some luck there, I hope. :batgrin:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Haha...yeah most appear pretty rough and sellers think that just because its Supey it'll sell like crazy

Good luck at the market and let me know what ya find
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Hey Acid!

Any luck on your flea market hunts?

I'll be going to Appleton, WI on Saturday with a buddy to check out the action there...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to DC Super Powers Collection from Kenner