Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

No Joe?

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: No Joe?

Postby beastovjudgement » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:31 pm

I have seen that series several times at a few different TRU stores in southeastern Massachusetts. There seems to be a surplus of Cobra Commander, Stormshadow, Firefly, Roadblock, and Budo. The rest are somewhat less frequent.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 pm

Thanks for the update beast!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby beastovjudgement » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:57 am

They are also showing up in K-Marts in the same area.
And now I'm dead.
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:14 am

As usual (sigh), we here in the Midwest are the last to see anything...and if we do, it's never the good figures.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:15 am

Currently, my local walmart and target have discontinued the Joe line, if they're not in the next reset, we won't see them at all
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby beastovjudgement » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:02 am

Target has phased out GI Joe entirely, at least for now. Walmart still carries the brand, on a store-by-store basis. We have a local, privately-owned department store chain in MA and RI called Benny's, which is pretty good about having stuff no one else seems to get. It remains the only store in which I have seen, at various times, every single GI Joe figure released in the last ten years. I bought no less than three each Data Vipers and Combat Ninjas there. They also at one time had every Xevoz product made (now long gone, of course), which may be some sort of record.
And now I'm dead.
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Skullmaster » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:30 pm

I like Joes. I have a small collection of the older line but haven't really bought any of the new stuff except for a few from Rise of Cobra like Baroness.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Anyone still fighting for freedom where ever there's trouble? This threads been dead for years, I suppose that's a testament of how awful those ChanTat films were.

We moved last summer into a bigger house, but until the basement is finished some day, I lost a lot of display space. Because of that right now I really only have my Star Wars Black Series figures out, and my 25th Anniversary to the present Joes. But I missed much of the 30th-50th Anniversary figures because the movies were so terrible that I lost interest in the line. Now I'm trying to fill in some missing holes with stuff I can afford, and starting customs of stuff like from the Collector's Club that I don't want to pay for.

Hopefully the supposed 2020 movie restores figures to retail but they need to find a way to keep them affordable. I know they aren't as good of quality, but the Corps Elite figures are pretty decent for $5. I don't need my figures to come with 30 weapons each like the POC line dead if they're going to be $15 or so like SW and MU 3.75 figures are going. Who wants to pay that much? If they can find something closer to $10 or under, even if they're more bare bones like the Dollar General line, I think they'd have something interesting. Stupid stuff like giant, springloaded guns are why a lot of the movie figures wound up at Ollie's and Five Below, most of which I now regret not buying when I saw them. But I never thought I'd be doing 3.75 customs, and hindsight being 20/20 and all. It'd just be nice to see another toyline on the shelves. I remember how cool it was when I worked overnight at Walmart and cut open that first case of 25th Anniversary figures. I wasn't as plugged into news back then, so I didn't know they were making them. Man, seeing them look just like they did in the 80's took me back, and I had to get them. I guess that's why people are excited for the nostalgia of SW The Vintage Collection. When all else fails, be it crappy GI Joe or Star Wars sequels, nostalgia will always sell to collectors.

And now you know...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Good luck to the studio trying to sell an elite military unit to a generation of teens protesting for gun control!

I've always thought Joes were decent value for the cost, but yeah, I don't know how they sustain an accessory-packed Joe line with great articulation and figures that feel sturdy at a reasonable price. 3.75 figures feel so flimsy now, even at $15.

The Corps Elite stuff is great, though. Love those mech suits!
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Lately, I've really started getting back into Joes and I'm also trying to get the Joes I'm missing. I've done pretty good so far. I think I have almost all the ones I'm after. :)
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions