Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The DC Superpowers General Discussion Thread

In 1984, Kenner produced some of the most popular DC figures, ever! With a huge roster, each character was equipped with an action feature and provided hours of fun! Relive your childhood and discuss this cool line here.

Re: Here's my SP collection

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Hey Savant,
Sadly, I haven't really found anything at all which is strange because they had plenty the last time I was at the flea markets. I'll going to see if I can nab a couple of loose lots off eBay. The problem with that is that a lot of these have soft goods capes that can become stained or wrecked and it's hard to see but hopefully I'll have some luck.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Good idea, though it's such a pain to resort to the bay...my buddy has a second-hand toy shop in Milwaukee, WI and he has about 15 Super Powers figs, all in very good shape (and he'll cut you a good deal I'm sure!)...if you'd like his name and number let me know; he's a good guy that's going through a rough patch of chemo right now but thankfully he's done on Friday.

The good things about shops like these is at least the money goes to a good person and (sorry to say, not the faceless drones on eBay).
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Here's some pics of items I've never seen since I was a kid...
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:19 pm

Another shot
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:22 pm

I saw these and had to have them immediately! One even came with the in lured Aquaman mini-figure toy...my buddy didn't know it was in there and neither did I until I got home a few hours later.

FYI - if you'd like the info, act quickly cuz the figs he has are great and may not last long.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:30 pm

The fabric capes can be troublesome without seeing them in person, but I've had some success in regards to the good condition and accurate accounts of the fabric...I got Red and Captain Marvel (NEVER going to call him SHAZAM...) and although the capes were obviously aged but they were in good shape
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:55 am

The toy show I went to this past Sunday had some Super Powers stuff and I picked up the Supermobile for $5.00!!! :smgrin: and in almost perfect condition too
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: The DC Superpowers General Discussion Thread

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:14 am

Idiot Savant wrote:Good idea, though it's such a pain to resort to the bay...my buddy has a second-hand toy shop in Milwaukee, WI and he has about 15 Super Powers figs, all in very good shape (and he'll cut you a good deal I'm sure!)...if you'd like his name and number let me know; he's a good guy that's going through a rough patch of chemo right now but thankfully he's done on Friday.

The good things about shops like these is at least the money goes to a good person and (sorry to say, not the faceless drones on eBay).

Hey Savant, sorry to hear about your friend, man! That's pretty rough.

Yeah, shoot me his name and number and/or e-mail. He'll have to be willing to ship it out to icebox Canada, though. LOL. And thanks for the heads up.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The DC Superpowers General Discussion Thread

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:16 am

Split it into two threads so we didn't inadvertently hijack Savant's collection thread. :batlol:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:17 am

Webslinger wrote:The toy show I went to this past Sunday had some Super Powers stuff and I picked up the Supermobile for $5.00!!! :smgrin: and in almost perfect condition too

Wow! What a score, well done Slinger!
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Super Powers Collection from Kenner