Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Broadway Comics' Fatale: 25th Anniversary!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Broadway Comics' Fatale: 25th Anniversary!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:16 am

I find it so amazing how Broadway Comics is hardly talked about on the web. It was such a shame that it went under a long time ago but I was apparently one of them that really liked them and still do to this day. My absolute favorite character was Desirée "Fatale" Hopewell. I am going to write this in a commentary of sorts so please bear with Me:)

To find out all of the info go here!

Here is Broadway's WIKIPEDIA PAGE to find out all the info!

I first saw Desirée "Fatale" Hopewell My young-self was so astounded and so in awe simply because I hadn't seen a female comic character like her before. This was the first picture I ever saw of her, in fact it was an ad within the January, 1996 WWF magazine! She was a red head with long hair, very big boobs and muscular body, extremely tough and such a classy hot woman so I just loved her :shock:

I had to get her comics that came out latter on in 1996!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:39 am, edited 8 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Broadway Comcs: Fatale & More!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:17 am

Here is a few pics of her within the comics :)

I really digged the Babes of Broadway. It was the 90s particularly 96, things were changing, I was changing, and women were changing and this book was treat that clearly showed that!

I digged Fatale's arch-nemesis Layil Ogun, yeah, she was a true bad @$$ and was also a hottie!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Broadway only had a couple more comic series' till their unfortunate demise. I liked these a lot as well.

Shadow State

Starseed

Knights on Broadway

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

OK, one more thing, the Broadway Logo and it's founder, the legendary Jim Shooter!

So with all of this, do you remember Broadway's brief run? Do/did you own the comics? Were you a big fan of Fatale and/or the comic stories? Do you have cherished memories and still place these with your comic book haven as a misunderstood pride & joy? I for one still quite enjoy them, these are still fun and IMO there is still nothing like them. Talk about it guys!
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Broadway Comics: Fatale & More!

Postby Skullmaster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Very obscure but I actually remember them specifically Fatale. I think it was a parody comic that poked fun at the Heavy Metal looking stuff that was popular at the time. I remember getting a couple of issues and then it disappeared forever. Cool thread, BDC not to be confused for Bacon Double Cheeseburger!
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Re: Broadway Comics: Fatale & More!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:11 am

Skullmaster wrote:Very obscure but I actually remember them specifically Fatale. I think it was a parody comic that poked fun at the Heavy Metal looking stuff that was popular at the time. I remember getting a couple of issues and then it disappeared forever. Cool thread, BDC not to be confused for Bacon Double Cheeseburger!

That is god thatyou remember them especially Fatale. I never viewed the comics as a parody but something new and really cool entertaining books, Yeah, they didn't last long like I had stated before which was really a shame. IMO they were kinda before their time, I guess people weren't ready?

And no, don't be confused about My name, just call Me Brandon :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Broadway Comics' Fatale: 25th Anniversary!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:16 am

So I have been thinkin' about this all year, about the 25th Anniversary of FATALE :!: She is one of My most favorite comic book babes of ever, of all-time :o

OK, so first off, I originally posted this topic way back 2013 with only 1 reply from somebody that doesn't even post here anymore! I originally thought that this topic was gonna be a top one but it got lost the shuffle for many years until now all thanks to Me :D I had edited My first posts as I believe the pics needed to be updated and it needed a few tweeks here and there so I suggest you go there first then come back right here because there is gonna be some great stuff to behold!

OK, are you back? If you didn't check out the original post then....

second, here is all of the history to know so click dem links below!    

Here is Broadway's WIKIPEDIA PAGE to find out all the info!

To find out all of the info go here!

So if you went back and seen it, you already know that I originally discovered Fatale in the January 1996 WWF Magazine that I got in December of 1995! It was an ad of one of My most fave pics of her which I will talk about in a bit. When I first saw her I thought oh My gosh, she's incredible! I was only going on 15 but gosh, decades have gone by and I still love her :smgasp: I have always thought for decades it pays so much to be into wrestling because you'll notice so many things and if your not then I can't help you there. Here is the front & back covers of the mag. Pics are not mine, just edited ;)

First, I have a huge collection of WWF & WCW magazines but their in storage and really hard to get to. Wow, I loved that magazine, the feel of it and everything :batshock: 1990 - 1996 was such great years for those especially 95-96. Oh and them Karate Fighters by Hasbro. I got them when they first came out. I remember that they were the WWF's sponsor for many months and I may showcase them in My Great Vintage Action Figure Topic whenever I get to the 90s.

This is the pic that got Me attention 100% :o I had seen many classy & hot women in DC & Marvel among other comics before but she was 1 of a kind to/for Me :batgrin:

A while later when I was doing My research here & there after her second comic, I saw her third issue and I was absolutely wowed with her cover with this one :batshock:

So technically she was introduced in 1995 but was officially introduced in 1996...25 years ago...this year :!: OK, if you clicked the links then you'll know who Desirée Hopewell is and what Broadway was. I must say she was My fave but she wasn't the only hot & awesome one however :batconfused:

Also, in the comics, they did advertise WWF Magazines & WWF In Your House PPVs! plus great video games :smgrin:

So, I wanted to show off My entire collection of Broadway Comics that I got long ago. During My pics I will commentate just a bit here. NOTE: I do not have the hardcover version as it was very expensive & hard to get :roll:

1ST EVER Broadway Comics & The Babes of Broadway: yep, that's the one and Babes of Broadway is so cool. I loved Blood S.C.R.E.A.M. Darn shame they never made a second edition of B.O.B.!

Shadow State: Yep, the first ones!

Fatale: Desirée's own story arch which she originally appeared in the Shadow State series! Her stories were so fun to read and of course to look at. She was such a playful yet dangerous beauty :batsmile:

Star Seed: Unfortunately the overall story arc of Shadow State and The Powers that Be was basically over as they chose Star Seed as their last major character which is such a shame :batsad:

The Knights of Broadway: This was the last they ever published. Because of poor sales & criticism, Broadway went under fast and had only existed about a year or so, I have thought this was so pathetic and disgusting that this happen :batsmh:

BONUS!

Black & White editions: Even though these were the same ones I already had, I had to get these promo titles and they gave Me an extra #1 of Fatale so I have a duplicate of that one :smgasp:

So there you have it. It always pains Me about the demise of Broadway. I supported them all the way but what can you do :smsmh:

These comics are just one of the many countless things that was great in the 90s that I miss. The comics were so great in detail, story and quality. The covers were shiny & raised. The women were awesome to look at & could kick @$$ all the same...in fact IMO the women of the 90s real & fictional are My favorites of any decade!

OK, that's it. So there is the 25th Anniversary of Fatale plus bonus stuff as I showcased in My collection. If your just now looking at this then please go back to the beginning cuz if you don't your not gonna get the excitement of this comic presentation. I hope you enjoyed this. Comments please and thanks for looking :smsmile:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:52 am

Can't say I ever heard of those, though the logo looks familiar. There were so many random comic companies back then.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:50 am

Shame. Indeed and Broadway was My fave. I think it looks familiar to you because Broadway was getting a lot ads then.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to General Discussions