Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

AcidDragon's Custom Figures Thread

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: AcidDragon's Custom Figures Thread

Postby HectorHall » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:20 pm

I, like many I am sure, repainted the hair and stache. I did not think about the eyes until I saw yours. Back to the workbench! Very nicely done, looks 100% legit.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Skullmaster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:04 pm

One part I really like is that it looks like it popped right out of the animated series but it was still done in a way that it doesn't look animated like the Public Enemies figures. You can see the Neal Adams influence also. Really great job!
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Muthasucka » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Wow, that looks so much better. Didn't expect Matty to make a BTAS version, but I also didn't expect them to phone it in so bad. Way to polish that turd, man.
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby HectorHall » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Sooooo, I gotta ask, why have you not posted more of your customs? You are obviously skilled. I am very curious to see more of your work.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Very nice job and improving that brutally sculpted Ra's...if the 4H aren't going to do a solid job and fight over who gets what character, they may as well send those to you, for you'll do a much better job than they will.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Truwe » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:25 am

Love this upgrade. The new head sculpt makes this very bland figure into one that I would proudly display on my shelf. Well done!
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Wow, thanks everybody! I'm elated that you guys like my custom!

HectorHall wrote:Sooooo, I gotta ask, why have you not posted more of your customs? You are obviously skilled. I am very curious to see more of your work.

Thanks, man. I'm honoured that you think so highly of my work! To be honest, I don't have tons of customs and the ones I have made, I usually just store away in tubs. Most of the figures I put on the shelf are as the manufacturer intended it but I thought I'd share Ra's since nobody had done one yet with the new figure and also, I ended up putting him on my Bat Villains shelf. To this date, he's the only custom I've put on my display shelf but I'll try to put some more up as I hopefully get time to do more of them!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:28 pm

:batshock: What are you hiding in those bins, AD!!
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby loolar » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:29 pm

Wow Acid, that looks just fantastic! You've inspired me to believe I can make something out of that turd. The work around the eyes is the critical stuff - I think if Huntress's eyes had been done better, more people would love her.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doc » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:17 am

I really love this. I want to go full Neal Adams on my Ras after seeing your work!
Doc
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs