Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:50 am

I've never heard of them either, but that tune was catchy.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:58 am

How about that ;) Gosh, I don't think I seen them before either but they looked super fun :)

I really liked Tyco, as you saw before in My Vintage I only have 1 Dino Rider & comic. My Grandpa PoPo got Me a few great model buildings by Tyco that he made for Me :( I use them for My Micro Machines that I will show in time plus a bonus coming up soon :)

Speaking of Tyco, I loved their Crash Dummies. I have a few of the figures that I will showcase once I get to the 90s so here is one commercial of them, I only have a few but I had tons of fun with them :)

I might post more of them later here ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:10 pm

It's amazing what they makes toys of sometimes, lol. I still remember most of the rap.

"They call me Larry, I'm a dummy too..."

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:23 am

Amazing commercial ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:08 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:15 am

I was never crazy about American Gladiators and I remember seeing them figures at stores like Venture, Target & K-Mart. Mattel made them look cool however. I was a bit interested in them then but really never wanted them, I was way more interested in other figures at the time like Hasbro's WWF, Kenner's Swamp Thing and Playmates' TMNT. Really cool PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:33 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:34 am

Oh yes, I'm very familiar with Acclaim's controllers, they were revolutionary at the time. I had them at one point. I loved the poster with the 2 players face to face with WWF Wrestlemania on their TV in the background. It was so classic!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:51 am

Interesting. I don't really remember the commercial or the controllers but I was always more focused on games than equipment.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:05 am

Really? Sometimes the equipment becomes important because some games required it. It especially was crucial for SNES & Sega Geneis who I might post about later.

Ah, the first true video game IMO. I never had Coleco's Telstar but from everything I seen of it, it was a great system to play especially with friends & family. Really nice one there PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions