Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Top 5 properties perfect for film

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Top 5 properties perfect for film

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Say it was a perfect world, and when movies were made, they were a perfect transition with staying true to the original material. No producers, no need to make it "modern". No b.s.
If that was the case, what 5 cartoons/comic books/toy line, etc. would just scream "MOVIE" this isnt really to talk about how they wouldnt work, just what would be awesome if everytrhing DID work. Here is my top 5.

5. Inhumanoids
4. Earthworm Jim
3. Legend of Zelda
2. Hack/Slash
1. Mouse Guard

There are others, but those are the ones that come to mind. I would like to hear what others think, as long as no one says anything bad about my picks. :schal: jk
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Re: Top 5 properties perfect for film

Postby beastovjudgement » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:53 am

You seem to like making lists as much as I. RRAAARRGGGH, your picks are stoopid! No, bad joke, sorry. I would like some sort of Inhumanoids revival.

My picks:

F. Paul Wilson's Repairman Jack. This has been rumored as in development for many years. The stories are a blend of crime fiction and supernatural horror. They would make a great movie series.

King Diamond's Abigail. This 1987 concept album's story features a cursed bloodline, a haunted mansion, a possessed woman giving unnatural birth to the reincarnation of an evil child, murder, cannibalism, black magic, and more. How is it not a movie yet?

GI Joe. I don't count the ones already made. This was the first truly multicultural action property; the original 13 team had female, black, Latino, and Jewish members. it was ahead of its time. A GI Joe movie should be set in the early 1980's, and should have an older cast to convey the team are grizzled veterans culled from the absolute best of the armed forces. Keeping to that idea, I nominate Helen Mirren as the Baroness.

Dan Simmons's Illium and Olympos. The Trojan War restaged thousands of years in the future, on Mars. Sentient robots, resurrected dinosaurs, violence.

Thundarr the Barbarian. Post-apocalyptic sword and sorcery. What more needs to be said?
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:22 am

1. Suicide Squad - as a movie OR TV series. Either works. It already lifted the plot of a classic movie (The Dirty Dozen), has an interesting and deep cast of characters with dynamic relationships to each other, is multicultural, and has an all-time great main character in Amanda Waller. Plus, Deadshot is like guaranteed to be the next Fanboy Hero. Deadshot Target logo shirts will be on greasy guys in Magic shops around the country.

2. Jem and the Holograms - In a post-Gaga/Nicki Minaj/Katy Perry world, how have we NOT seen a new Jem cartoon or a film adaptation? I just hope the moment hasn't passed. Lorde's success might indicate that the public's back on the side of stripped-down, straightforward pop stars again.

3. Etrigan - It's pretty much Jekyll and Hyde with a rhyming demon as the evil side. Plus it has a vibrant backstory to lend depth to the film. This would be a killer Halloween film - something creepy enough for the season, but could get a PG-13 without damaging the material. (I'll add into this Swamp Thing and John Constantine, who have already had movies but could easily get new ones, done properly.)

4. Captain Marvel - Orphaned boy gets superpowers from a benevolent wizard, gets to live the power fantasy of every kid ever. This is like the least difficult movie of all time. As a companion piece for the girls, there's Stars and STRIPE, which is similarly relatable (you could also go with a teenaged Zatanna movie).

5. Kevin Canty's Into the Great Wide Open - Give this to a Jeff Nichols or even a David Gordon Green if you can dredge him out of the Apatow swamp, and you'd have a gorgeous bit of American realism that would break the hearts of hypersensitive teenagers the country over. Instant cult classic material.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:46 pm

1. Sonic the Hedgehog similar in tone to the very dark '93 cartoon with Steve Urkel where Robotnik was a scary villain transforming rebel animals into cybernetic soldiers.

2. Teddy Ruxpin

3. Pirates of Darkwater... just no Johnny Depp as Ren please...

4. Final Fantasy VI - epic story = epic films

5. Brian Jacques' Redwall
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions