Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Transformers Masterpiece Line

Everybody's favourite robots in disguise... GOBOTS! Just kidding.

Transformers Masterpiece Line

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Does anyone else collect this? I got Optimus a while back and Grimlock. I think they're fantastic toys. I think I'm probably going to hunt down a Megatron now that my money is no longer tied up with committed DC Universe Classics figures. :smsmile:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Line

Postby beastovjudgement » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Masterpiece Megatron is, no exaggeration, my favorite toy of all time. MP Soundwave is a close second. The others I own are Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. With the cassettes included with Soindwave, I now have all the original Decepticons in Masterpiece form. It makes for a very cool display piece. I am hoping for Shockwave, Blitzwing, and Astrotrain Masterpieces at some point. My dream is official, Takara/Hasbro quality Masterpiece Constructicons which would combine into a monstrous Masterpiece Devastator.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:16 pm

I agree, these figs are phenomenal!

I have Grimlock, MP-01 Prime and the MP-10 Prime (MIB)...my cousin tried to find me Megatron when he first came out while he was in Japan, and he passed it in a window, then when he went back to get him he was gone!

Closest I've been for getting him cheap...Soundwave is spectacular and if I ever see him he's mine! Nice sounding collection!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:20 pm

This one may not be Masterpiece, but I got the new 26" tall Titan Metroplex and he's wicked big! He's still in the box but I've opened it up and slid the inner box out to stand up next to Unicron, and why he didn't squash him in the animated movie, I'll never know...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:18 pm

I've lost interest since Takara's taken it so obcessively to the cartoon. Grimlock won no favors. This day and age there's no excuse for a dinosaur mode like that. And putting an apron on him? That's weak sauce.
Great robot, but expensive actionmaster.
I have the original Optimus, Megatron, the original Starscream, the american G1 colors, the japanese Thundercracker. And I may or may not have Skywarp, but I can't remember.
Never understood the point of the remolds.
Also have the american release of Rodimus, which I feel is the worst one they've made.

Only found the new Optimus once, had a broken head, and couldn't afford it anyway.

Though I absolutely cannot wait for G2 Sideswipe. That looks like the second best upcoming toy/homage being made. Second only to Generations Waspinator, who deserves to be called a Masterpiece in his own right.
The rest of the MPs don't make any sense to me on a personal level, as we've got better versions already in Classics.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby beastovjudgement » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:This one may not be Masterpiece, but I got the new 26" tall Titan Metroplex and he's wicked big! He's still in the box but I've opened it up and slid the inner box out to stand up next to Unicron, and why he didn't squash him in the animated movie, I'll never know...

I mainly collect Decepticons, but there was no way I could pass up that Metroplex. That thing is a monster. I like how Hasbro kept the cost reasonable by supplying a large sticker sheet instead if extensive (and expensive) paint decos. The stickers also give it a cool G1 feel. Now, Hasbro needs to make a Trypticon in that same scale.
And now I'm dead.
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Titan Trippy would be awesome!

Just wait, give them a few more years and they'll put out a 5' tall Fortress Maximus...if that happens, time to sell the children
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Okay, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Metroplex Generations Titan. That just looks like it'll be awesome with my G1 mini-bots and a nice update to my display. :mmsmile:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beastovjudgement » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Look around a bit, and there are some great deals to be found on Metroplex. I ended up paying under $90 with TRU promotions. I don't have a Costco membership, but he's supposed to be even cheaper there. It really is a great figure, and looks awesome in display with a bunch of Legion-classes or Mini-Cons.
And now I'm dead.
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Crazy Jetty » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:15 am

That's how I display my giant TFs. Combiners like Railracer, Crossfire Bruticus, Nexus Prime, E-Omega Supreme and Cybertron Metroplex. Surrounded by classics and rts Legends.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Next

Return to Transformers