Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Shelves for figures...

The central catch all topic for your collections! Share all of your awesome collections/display setups that you've built and see what others have put together!

Re: Shelves for figures...

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:32 pm

I guess Ill be the first to comment: I hate you. :mrgreen: jk.
Very nice. im so jealous. The playsets are a nice touch, and the cases are gorgeous. Very well done.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm

That was worth the wait..you officially broke my brain

Very clean and well organized setup; love the autographs on the walls and the glass shelves add such an element of class to our habit...very well done.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Rex Mason » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Thanks, guys. Somehow I have a lot more I'd like to display, but I'm going to wait until I have more cases and such to show it. Since this is my permanent display, I want to keep everything as clutter free as possible, which is pretty tough when the collection is essentially the definition of clutter. I'm going for a kind of gallery type feel for it, since this is all in my home office that I work out of.

It's a blast finally seeing everything, though. I've been collecting since 1989 and this is the first time I've been able to display it all like I've wanted to. A lot of this stuff has been in storage since the early 2000s.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:19 am

Rex you have an incredible collection, is this a spare room or is it a basement area? I wish I had a basement I would totally make it into my own personal Batcave. Did you happen to see an episode of Comic Book Men on AMC with a guy that had not only the 60's Batmobile but he had a Batcave with hidden door and everything!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Rex Mason » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:22 am

I haven't seen that episode. I'll have to look it up.

My collection is in a walk-out basement. It's the thing that actually sold me on the house, as I wanted a room that didn't really feel like a basement to work out of. We're actually planning on making the door to the basement a grandfather clock that opens, but I have to find a cheap/broken clock on craigslist first.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby JSAvsINFINITY » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Wow Rex congrats man!

As someone with a huge collection as well I'm sure this is a great dream come true for you.

I hope to have a dream set up one day as well.

Great job!
JSAvsINFINITY
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Rex Mason » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks! I'm really enjoying it so far.

And for anyone interested, out of curiosity I counted the shelves today. On those eight glass shelves I have 734 figures and 56 die cast cars. Haven't counted the curios or Batcave displays yet...
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:58 pm

That's a good start! Now comes the real hard part; trying to figure how to put the rest of your collection out there!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Rex Mason » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:57 am

Sounds like I might be getting a few new bookshelves for Christmas. Hoping that means I can get my Happy Meal Toys out...
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Muthasucka » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:04 pm

HOLY CRAP!! That is ridiculously impressive!! I love the way that there's no pretense to the room - it's not a "study" or an "office" or a "TV room" with toys also in it: It's a damn TOY MUSEUM!! There is literally nothing to do in that room except look at and fondle toys.

Did I say "fondle"? I meant... uh...

actually, yeah, I meant fondle.

Congrats, dude. You are a hero to us all!
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Collections