Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Nicktoons TMNT Animated Series

Our favourite shell backs are back with a new hit TV series, a new movie and a plethora of colourful action figures to boot!

Nicktoons TMNT Animated Series

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:32 am

So does anyone here watch the TMNT Animated Series? I started getting really into it. It was a little weird that Rob Paulsen's voicing Donatello now when he used to voice Raphael but I've really gotten used to him as Don now.

tmntnicktoon.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nicktoons TMNT Animated Series

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:49 am

I think the show is good. They do a good job of keeping it fun and still taking the threats serious. the animation isnt my fav, but no where near as bad as other cg shows. I hope they will put out a complete season one, Ill definitely buy it.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:16 pm

The show is pretty good. My son watches. In one episode the turtles had a cellphone and when it rang it played the 90's theme. Thought that was neat.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Crazy Jetty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Second to Legend of Korra, this is my favorite animated series on air, ATM.
And yeah, it takes a while to get used to Paulson in this. This typically isn't the kind of show I would care to hear him in at all. I associate him with what I think of as "true cartoons," like Animaniacs, or the original TMNT cartoon. The new TMNT fits more in with what I think of as animated series.
But I've really come to accept him by the end of season 1. His voice is still a little odd with the other three, but not as out of place sounding as it did at first.

One thing I particularly love about this version of the characters, is that for the first time they truely feel like a family, to me. the last TMNT movie managed that, too. But it's really refreshing that they feel both like an authentic family, and that they also feel like authentic teenagers. I've had people with siblings tell me that Mikey hits the nail on the head for what a dopey kid brother feels like.
In the past, they all just felt like stereotype character tropes, and didn't really bother to dig deeper. They never felt like teenagers (Even in my beloved archie comics), either.
But here's it's refreshing that splinter acts more like a father, than a dojo master. Caring more about their safety, than in being "honorable" in a fight. Worrying about them so much that he even accidentally undercut their own confidence resulting in reducing their effectiveness.
I think the only thing more I would have done with Splinter is to have had him trail them occasionally and secretly bail them out if they get in over their heads.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Anarky » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:52 am

It strikes a nice balance of the original and 4kids show- fun and epic. i also really like the space heroes bits- they provide a great insight into Leo that I don't think was as clear before
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles