Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

New TMNT Line

Our favourite shell backs are back with a new hit TV series, a new movie and a plethora of colourful action figures to boot!

New TMNT Line

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:58 am

I just want to say, I was scared at first when nickelodeon bought the rites to the TMNT franchise, but Ive been happy ever since. With a new show that gets good reviews and the IDW comic going strong, its a good time to be a shell-head. I think the strongest part of the franchise, though, has been THE FIGURES.

Yes, they have done a sweet job bringing back the classic figures, in New form as well as old, but Im talking about the The New series. They evoke a real nostalgia while still seeming new and current. I really just love this new line. Does anyone else have an opinion about the new figures, good or bad?.... Im interested to hear.

Turtle Power!!!!
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Re: New TMNT Line

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:05 pm

My kid just got some new TMNT turtles, all four in fact. So I took him to TRU to get a villain, and I saw the retro figures. I was like, "Woah!" Didn't get any, but man they were cool to see. Couldn't find any villains in the larger scale though, so we wound up getting a TMNT sewer cover air hockey game instead.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:49 pm

The retro Turtles are pretty neat. I've got Raph and Don thus far, and I'll definitely be picking up the others.

I haven't watched any of the new show, but I dig the style and the figures are cool-looking. Some of the mutants are really, really imaginative - especially that fish-creature - and the redesigned characters (Baxter, Rat King) are way, way better than anything DC has been tossing out in their reboot. Honestly, I'm glad the new series is doing well. Like all things Turtles, I'm sure it'll die off in a few years, once the kids enjoying it grow up, but it's nice to see TMNT owning the aisles once again.

And it's hard to beat that price for an accessory-laden figure.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:45 am

The prices are such a breath of fresh air.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:59 am

I bought four of the retro Turtles. For some reason, BBTS isn't shipping any more TMNT product to Canada as per Playmates request so I guess that's that. I was thinking of getting four more and repainting them in their Stump Asteroid Prowrestler costumes, but it never happened. :batrasp:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 am

those were always a cool design. I would love if they did raphael in the future shark trilogy outfit. and like a classics rat king.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Just want to say, I just found the mouser 7 pack for the new line!!!!!!!! putting one of the mousers around Raph's sai and one around Leo's Katana.... very satisfying.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby beastovjudgement » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:27 pm

I haven't seen the Retro series yet, but they sound very cool. The one I really want redone is the triceratops guy. I was never heavily into TMNT, but I always liked the very creative character designs, and that one was my favorite.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Heck yes, they should totally redo the Triceraton. The beauty about that guy is he's technically an army builder so you can buy a bunch or should I say a ton of them. :smlol: :smummm:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Anarky » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:57 am

TMNT classics is a tRU exclusive. I've picked up all of those-bebop and rocksteady are bbts preorders but I probably will pass on the movie wave. And I've been buying most of the new line, aside from variants... Fishface is one of my favorites
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Next

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles