Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: M.U.S.C.L.E. MEN!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:54 am

Man, I remember these guys when I was a kid. They were fun. I think my favorite was the guy with the brick hands because who could defeat a guy who would just pummel you with giant brick hands with spikes on them? I had so many of these as well. A lot of them look familiar. Not sure if I ever had the ring, though. Cool to see them again.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:17 am

Well that is cool PB, yeah he was pretty great. Thanks for checking My showcase out PB, I appreciate that :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:24 pm

Wow, amazing. I loved M.U.S.C.L.E., too. I had a few of these when I was a kid but funny enough, I have a lot more now. I don't have nearly as many as you've got, I don't think. I got into the Kinnikuman manga as well. In the early 2000s, they made some highly articulated 6 inch figures for the western market and there was also a small revival of the little rubber guys to promote the 2000s series Ultimate M.U.S.C.L.E. I'm amazed that you have the ring, that item is extremely rare especially with the clips that hold the wrestlers still intact. Yours in in fantastic condition, nice job.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:11 pm

That's good Acid that your into them, have them too and that you got more Vintage ones ;) Like I said before, if I had money like a lot of people do even during these days of inflation, I would rather collect the vintage stuff and complete the collections that I never completed or get the figures I was never able to get in the past I mean if I had the opportunity I would get the WWF LJN, Kenner Star Wars and so much more instead of all of this modern stuff that has been rebooted and remade so many times that really has no history behind it, Yes, I'm familiar with the Ultimate M.U.S.C.L.E. series with all of the POA. I saw them only once locally at My K-Mart in South County way back then and I so regret not getting them when I had the chance because they became even more obscure on eBay :roll: See what I mean, if I could I would get them in a hurry compared to most of what's on the market today because there's never been a series like that since, really only ToyBiz' TNA can compare. Yes, the revival is the ones that Super7 made which is great and they upped the ante with crossing them over with properties such as MOTU & Alien which is fabulous however they don't beat the originals. Oh yes, I'm quite thankful that I have the Ring, it's quite special to Me as you read in My showcase. Thanks a lot Acid for your reply. Now be back soon because I'm gonna have another series of wrestlers that I've crossed over with M.U.S.C.L.E. and you may not know them or may want reminisce them over again;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: WEIRD BALL MEL APPE

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:41 am

So here we go with My spinoff of M.U.S.C.L.E. Man which is this...

This is Mell Appel's Weird Ball Flyweight Wrestlers :!: These pics are ones that I put together, I don't own the Wrestling Ring, I just put them there for the reference & history :)

Now how I got these is a big one. My Grandma got Me these over at Woolworth on Cherokee Street which recently I had a great massive 3-Part Showcase presenting My time there and as well as other great stores within the area from My childhood. When I saw these guys I wanted them right away because they were wrestlers, gross, neat and were nearly the same size as My M.U.S.C.L.E. Men that My Mom got Me seen just recently in My previous showcase. Now this is one series that maybe considered quite hideously obscure. While I cannot find My actual Weird Balls that were competing with AmToy's Mad Balls, thankfully I found these guys because I always had them with My M.U.S.C.L.E. Men :) Notice the The Fly in My Logo above, this was a clever joke that Mel Appel did this calling them "Flyweight" Wrestlers :batshock: :wwsmh: :smgasp: As you see in the picture above, these little figures came in packs and there wasn't many of'em. I'm only missing one character and that's Sewer Face. I don't know if I ever had him or not. Now These cool freaks look a bit in the style of The Toxic Avenger and even a bit like the Ghouls in 1986's House, there is no connection. The figures are of a harder rubber than Mattel's M.U.S.C.L.E. and slightly larger as well. They have a very distinctive feature as they have sculpted Championship Title Belts around their waists :o Without further adieu here's My Weird Ball Wrestlers :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

Rock Slime

Spit Ball

Wart Hog

Brain Ball

Shrink Head

Here's My Weird Ball Flyweight Wrestlers grouped together :batwink: :wwshock: :smsmh:

Here is the 1986 The Mel Appel Company/TTL/TMAC TTL H.K. Copyright, look at that, it's so crucial to check out those Copyrights or rather Figure Trade Markings aka (c) :batwink:

So here's how they match up taking on M.U.S.C.L.E. in their Ring :!:

Here's how Weird Ball Wrestlers compared with My previously seen Hulk Hogan Pencil Gripper :!:

So here's Woolworth on Cherokee Street, please see page 32 to see how My wonderful 3-Parter Started out with all of the history:!: Now as I said before there is no charisma on that street anymore. I hope besides Me that there's still people in My area or ones that moved out and still recall it thinking of how it was during those times in the 80s and possibly even sharing their memories with their kids and other family members so it will continue :)

I see such a little amount of people online trying to preserve their past, all of the great stores that they went to when they were a youngster and really even in recent times with great stores that they went to that went out of business...it's really a mistake doing this because if it is all lost then the great people that you knew there and all of that will be in oblivion, now ask yourself, do you really want that :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

I know one thing, I'm not one of those people, I've tried My darnedest to keep them going throughout My topics because these times are still with Me and they are as special now as they were then and I don't ever want them to be forgotten :) I give big kudos to PB for keeping his local stores and stuff going on the board, we need more people like that ;) Now as I had said in My Woolworth showcase, Cherokee's Location had a huge basement/second floor which was nearly a complete toy department. I saw these Weird Ball Flyweight Wrestlers on the pegs near their huge display of G.I. Joes and I still recall how fun it was seeing it all there. Nobody truly knows how wonderful this Woolworth truly was unless they been there much less all of the other great stores there such as Judy's SuperStore, The Bazaar, Globes, Walgreens and especially the time period of The 80s that was like no other before and I'm quite proud to say that I'm glad that I was an 80s kid and that I experienced this :)

Now as a very, very special bonus here is My...

Now I have talked about and showcased little things I got at Tru-Buy previously. I colored My special Logo Black & Yellow because that's how I recall it. They were right down the street from Our old great house which We could just walk there. They had little Vending Gumball Toy Machines where you came in/exited that you put a Quarter or 50 Cents in with the spinning handle knob that you turn with small toys in the Plastic Bubbles inside.These still exist today, even at My local Schnucks on Gravois & Hampton. Oh i recall this like it was last week. I saw these rubber plastic guys in there and I was telling My Grandma about it how much I wanted them. This must have been in between 1987 - 1989 which was still great times. I only got two of'em for whatever reason I'm not sure of. I placed them within My ranks of My M.U.S.C.L.E. Men & Weird Ball Flyweight Wrestlers way back then and as I speak it remains that way :o
I have named them properly: Thuggee Goon & Persian Prince respectively. Thuggee is an inspiration from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and My Persian Prince as an inspiration of The Prince of Persia :batwink: :wwgrin: :smwink: I think this was mighty clever of Me-self ;) So here's My Thuggee Goon & Persian Prince :batwink:

Now they are really rubbery, way more than Mattel's M.U.S.C.L.E. Men which really I prefer this type of material more. There is no Copyright on their backs but it does say Hong Kong on them. Unfortunately I never retained what their series was called or anything like that nor have I ever seen them online so they must be even more obscure than I have originally thought however I am quite glad that I have them :)

Here's how My Tru-Buy Persian Prince is in the M.U.S.C.L.E. Men's Ring with Kinnikuman :!:

Here's My Thuggee Goon Tru-Buy Guy compared with My previously seen Hulk Hogan Pencil Gripper :!:

In a special size comparison here's how Mattel's M.U.S.C.L.E. Men, Mel Appel Company/TTL Weird Ball Wrestlers & Tru-Buy Guys are together. You can see there's noticeable different proportions, they all look good next to each other and notice I made sure that the M.U.S.C.L.E. Men Ring is right behind them as well :batwink:

Now if you recall before last year I showcased little Karate & Ninja Figures that I also got from Tru-Buy. If you never seen them go to page 24 as well as others on pages 14 & 27 with other cool small Vintage goodies from Tru-Buy. Well here is one of My Ninjas with My Tru-Buy Guys in a size comparison :batsmile:

I have expressed about them before within this very topic a lot as well as My all crucial Odds & Ends Topic. In fact the latter one I did because of the building across the street on the right. In My huge & superb but extremely imperative Glory Days of Movie Rentals showcase because that used to be Rainbow Video, in which I discovered so much there when I was a youngster along with My holy grail of all VHS Tapes. After she went out of business the building would become The Ringmaker/The Ring Master who was a genius wizard Blacksmith. He could turn anything into Copper, Bronze, Silver & Gold Jewelry. For example, My Grandma got Me out a Plastic Wolf Ring at Tru-Buy...We turned to the Ringmaster and he made it into a Pure Silver Wolf Ring and I dubbed him Wolfe and I wore him for decades :o The Ring Maker also did the same for My Grandparents. Sadly he got into a bad motorcycle accident but he was a man and still worked in the wheelchair. He had a big aquarium of many types of exotic animals. His blonde assistant was actually going out with Nasty Boy Brian Knobs whom I believe was Greg "The Hammer" Valentine's Sister. I never knew the full story because shortly after I found out The Ringmaster went out of business and We never ever saw him again :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: He had a great personality and had expressions like Jack Nicholson which I told him that and I think he was glad of it. See, this is what I'm talking about as I said earlier...doesn't people ever think of the great people that owned these wonderful stores of the past that gave you good times :?: Maybe the majority of plebeians go day-in, day-out like that but I never do...My motto is "You never ever want to forget them". I mean I talked greatly about Verna & her Mr. T's Video Store so much before all over the board especially in My Odds & Ends and it would make Me sick if My city forgot or ignored her because she was such a good person, gave Me things, did special stuff for Me and understood Me that I loved wrestling...same difference with Judy, Annie Burke... I could go on and on and I know one thing and that is I know I'm doing My part :)

Here is Tru-Buy. Now like Rainbow Video & The Ringmaster across the street, I have no clue what is occupying it as I speak. It was empty for years after Tru-Buy went out of business but in the mid to late 90s a Family Dollar moved in but they went under as well sometime later :roll: Sadly there is absolutely BUPKIS about them online which really saddens Me to the fullest :( I would really, I mean really despise the fact that they completely fell to oblivion because of not only of My time & memories there with My Grandma but also because they had great stuff with good workers plus it was just fun being at because I loved the design of the place :) My Grandma knew the owner Joe and she was really pals with him then again My Grandma knew so many people around Our old neighborhood and had so many good sources that you wouldn't believe. I have talked about a lot of them in My topics thus far. I loved it when it was Halloween time as they would always have a nice selection there and yes they even did have a very small toy isle that was mostly cars & trucks of the bootleg, knock off & off brand kind, they had other little toys too and I loved their candy & snack isles and I'll never forget their great Soda & Canned White Potatoes and they had the Double-Bagged KAS BBQ Potatoes Chips that I talked about before, they were the most absolute best you could ever eat...I tried so many different brands over the countless years and none of them ever compared to them :!: There is one time however that has never left Me. I recall one day after I completely left My Dad, I told My Grandma that he was there just entering the store and I hid under the counter so he wouldn't see Me. I vividly remember this moment. He lived right across the corner across the street from the tavern he left Me there for hours that ended it all for Me & him to be together...I'm crying right now thinking of this...now if that isn't a sad story I don't know what is :cry: Like everything there's always something very sour about whatever your talking about, it;s just the way way things are :roll: So Tru-Buy was a tremendous little store, even if I am one of the very few that remembers it, I'm quite proud that I do :)

So that will conclude My Mel Appel Company/TTL/TMAC TTL Weird Ball Flyweight Wrestlers & Tru-Buy Guys that went with My Mattel M.U.S.C.L.E. Men and I hope you liked it and maybe even were surprised at least a little bit :) We shall see what is next for My Vintage Action Figure Topic, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: COMMANDO John Matri

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:01 am

Yes, My next showcase is COMMANDO :o If you don't know what it is, it's a classic action adventure, rescue & shoot'em up film that stars Arnold Schwarzenegger that came out in 1985. It was THE movie that got Me hooked on him and I was like the biggest Arnold fan you could ever meet at the time. I believe My Grandma rented it for Me at either Rainbow Video, Verna's Mr. T's or Movie Mogul. You can check them all out in My tremendous, all crucial Odds & Ends Topic and see My Glory Days of Movie Rentals here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-40.html which if your like Me and loved those times of when you could actually rent a VHS & Video Game in person then this is one of the most imperative showcases you will ever witness :!: I loved the violence and all of the gun action. I especially loved the music by the legendary, late great James Horner, I posted a very special tribute about him a while back in My Composer Topic that you don't want to miss here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post47828.html#p47828. Still today IMO it's arguably Arnold's most exciting film. It was such a fun time back in these days when I was a youngster and I miss them dearly and that's one of the reasons why I do what I do, I will never let it go :!: I may one day feature a special spotlight of this in PB's Movie Trailer Topic in time ;) Here's a poster of Commando, I've always found it to be so cool :batwink:

So the Commando Action Figure Series was by Diamond Toymakers whom predate Diamond Select Toys by well over a decade and unfortunately Diamond Toymakers has fell in limbo where hardly anybody ever talks about them. I really despise this stuff. People is really got to do something more than what their doing to preserve this great past, that's what I've been trying to do for a long time :!: So I actually never got any of the figures, like Coleco's Rambo figures I showcased a long while back I wasn't that bright about it and they just weren't something I wanted which yeah, I was at times a very foolish kid :roll: The series was loosely based on the film, only the Commando title and the likeness of John Matrix continues from the film. That's a very euphoric beauty about action figures, comics & video games, they can give you extra bonus material than the films do :batwink: Here's a picture I made to show how that really cool series was :)

So if you asking Me if I don't have these figures then what in the heck do I have of Commando :? :batconfused: :wwhuh: :smhuh: I have the big 16" figure of John Matrix that was from the movie :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

I got him at Farmer's Market in General Grant Plaza in Crestwood which I'll talk about that more in a bit. I saw him there in his big tall box in their toy section and I had to have him. My Grandparents & Mom all chimed in and got Me him :) This was the only time I ever saw him in person, I never saw him elsewhere at any other store. They made a big Ninja to go with him but for some silly reason I didn't want him which is a shame because Matrix could have had a counterpart, again I was foolish about that however if the other figure would have been Bennett then I would have not hesitated to get him :!: Now he has a fantastic likeness, still very convincing as I type this ;)

Now you can remove his clothing like he was seen in the 1985 Commando movie. Diamond Toymakers really sculpted him superbly. He has THE physique that Arnold had at this time, he didn't trim down till about 1990. The muscles are so incredible looking. He has six points of articulation as he has a neck swivel, shoulder, waist & hip cuts. Really this is the standard for the 80s and all you could want I mean do you really want to sacrifice such a fine sculpt like that over more POA...I didn't then and I sure wouldn't now :batwink:

His Accessories are a bit beat up since I really played with him when I was a youngster but their still intact and work :) He has a Rubber Vest with Grenades, Bullets Clips & Pouches, Machine Gun, Knife & Cloth Velcro Pants.

Now on his booty is the 1986 Copyright of 20th Century Fox, too bad Diamond Toymakers isn't on there for some reason :roll: I really dislike it when the company's name is missing on a figure I mean they should always be on there and while this happened a lot in the 80s & 90s, it still happens in recent times especially with Mattel :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

SPECIAL SIZE COMPARISON GALLERY!

Here's how big he is compared to great figures of the 80s including My previously seen Mattel MOTU Prince Adam as well as My LJN Hulk Hogan :!: These were 3 of My major heroes growing up :)

So here's Matrix facing off against My 14" LJN Hulk Hogan :o Now I previously showcased this one as well. See within the topic of the great story as to how I got him ;) LJN was such a great fun company, arguably My favorite of ever of all-time, again see within the topic as I made a tremendous 2-part LJN WWF Wrestlers at the Coliseum & ThunderCats presentation a long while back :) Now as wonderful as this "Hulkster" is he is kinda dwarfed by John Matrix as he is 16" tall. Take a gander at this, I assure you won't see many people posting something like this ;)

THE LOCATION!!!

Now as I said near the beginning of the showcase I got My 16" Commando John Matrix at Farmer's Market in General Grant Plaza in Crestwood. I have already showcased this in My all crucial Odds & Ends Topic which you can check it all out plus a ton more at this very link here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-30.html

So whether or not you decided to check out that great showcase or not, long story short the area was named after THE General Grant because he had major history in My home state of Missouri and it's major city of St. Louis, again, check out My presentation for the history. Like so many great locations over the years, they are all changing and their history is being taken away by TPTB and being handed to oblivion which this is so sad because this area is gone as how We used to know it :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh: People from all over the country would be tourists just to check this out back in the day, it was something else. In My Vintage Kenner Star Wars showcase within the topic as well as My recent spotlights of Independence Day-ID4 & Twister in PB's Movie Trailer Topic, I had deeply expressed the area that was toward the West before you get to General Grant's Plaza is nearly unrecognizable and that the great Kenrick Wehrenberg & Humphrey Bogart Restaurant is gone and basically erased from history which I despise this :x If your like Me and like your own history and not one of those people that just throws it behind you, never looks back and completely disregards it like it never existed then you seriously need to check that stuff out because if your truly following Me then you know it's My mission to preserve this wonderful local history of Mine :)

So this what General Grant's Center looked like and I recall going into those doors like it was last week :)

Here's pictures of Farmer's Market where My John Matrix came from. It was such a cool & fun time there. Sadly here is a picture of it when they were closing a long while ago. It's becoming vacant and notice the SIGN where news of sales is, it simply says GOODBYE...It's now a Dollar Tree and nothing like it was before :roll:

I don't know what the plebeians thought when they saw this driving up & down the street, many were probably like oh their closing without a second thought which is really pitiful but that's even if they were even paying attention because I see such a small amount people in person and online paying attention to details much less talking about it, it's really a deplorable conditional situation this modern day and age has become victim to :wwsmh: :smsmh: :batsmh: I know when I saw it I was quite devastated :roll: If all of this isn't bad enough further up the road is Crestwood that I have talked about so much, that region is a disaster, it's almost all landscape now with Crestwood Plaza all wiped up, I had such great times there going to K-B and K&K, the AMC Theater that I saw so many movies at including 2001's Planet of the Apes & Jurassic Park /// that I just recently showcased in My Modern Action Figure Topic, of course I gotta mention the fine times at the The Pasta House and most of all Sears where My Mom & Grandpa worked for a very long time. It's a very depressing region over there now and this generation really has no clue how fantastic it was then, I hope their elders are teaching & showing them with their stories cause if their not, day after day the future will look even more dire :x

So John Matrix wasn't the only thing I got there. At a different trip We went there and My Mom got Me John Scott's superbly epic score to 1986's King Kong Lives. I have showcased it within the link I provided above. I'm very glad that I have more than one special item from Farmer's Market in General Grant Center. Here they are together :)

SPECIAL BONUS FEATURE!!!

So this is something huge that I wanted to do for a very long time..crossover 1985's Commando with 1987's Predator that both starred Arnold Schwarzenegger which the latter is also a big favorite of Mine as well as the Alien & Terminator franchises. I have always put them together ever since Dark Horse did long ago. I have already expressed this many times on the board. Here is the two posters, they are quite similar to each other :batwink:

So I'm not going to talk much here about Predator other than it also starred Jesse "The Body" Ventura & Carl Weathers and it's an action adventure sci-fi alien film. As I have said before even when I was a youngster I have the curious frame of mind of really cool stuff that is beyond this world. People may not be crazy about these types of films but their not thinking outside the box, I always have and always will. So here is two great pictures I put together of The Predator (the late great Kevin Peter Hall) & Dutch aka Arnold from the film :)

So now here is the big feature...My Diamond Toymakers Commando John Matrix you just saw above is facing off against My huge 2013 Predator that is made by NECA :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: He's quite convincing because near the climax of the film Dutch looks a lot like Matrix. I'm probably one of the very few people that has ever done this :o

So the size is quite good. Sometimes I really like mixing Vintage & Modern figures together, just check out some of the great Star Wars showcases that I have done as I mixed up the 80s, 90s & 2000s together, it all goes rather well together. In this picture I took I have "the creature" grabbing Dutch's face like he did in the film as he was checking out his skull to see if he was truly worthy of a Yautja fight :!:

So Matrix is 16" tall, this NECA Jungle Hunter Predator is 18" which is a like a perfect height. Still it's remarkable how fantastic they are together. You can see in the pictures above for reference that the heights are not to far off. I'm quite grateful that I was able to put this little yet quite big scene of two different alternate eras together :)

This quote is from My Grandma MiMi's special tribute I made for here, a special autograph picture that she specially got Me from Arnold himself from the 1985 Commando Movie not to long after the movie came out...you can see the entire topic here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/special-events/my-tribute-to-my-grandma-t1221.html

BrandonDaCollector wrote:AUTOGRAPHS

Oh man she did other great stuff for Me too :)

Arnold Schwarzenegger: He was My hero, even more so that Hulk Hogan. It was about 1987/88 when she went to the local library (and keep in mind this WAS WAY, WAY BEFORE THE WEB!) and long story short, had some help and found his address. She wrote to him and then this special picture came in the mail. I have always cherished this moment :) :cry: :batsmile:

I hope you like this special Diamond Toymakers Commando John Matrix showcase and were a bit surprised especially with the unexpected feature that I presented at the closing there ;) Don't forget to check out My Mel Appel Weird Ball Wrestlers that was My previous showcase. We'll see what will be My next one, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: MOTU Special!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:07 am

So this will be a very special Masters of the Universe showcase like no other with many books & items that I have in My collection and some that was recently found in storage and this will a special one for Halloween as well because I mean MOTU is filled with spooky characters, scenery & stories so I thought it would be very apropos to do this now :batwink: Before I begin here's the first item that I wanted to present and put in My Vintage Action Figure Topic :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
So here is a HUGE MAJOR showcase that I have been longing to do for such a while now, here's a quote from earlier this year when I presented My Star Wars Grand Finale in My Vintage Action Figure Topic...

VERY IMPORTANT!! Now this will be a totally unexpected entry because I never expected to showcase this simply because I couldn't locate it for a very long time then I got the urge to look for it one more time and only a few short days ago I FOUND IT, I found My Playing Cards Box with tons of Playing Cards within it that I had been searching for years for :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Ever since I was a youngster I loved to play Cards with My Grandma and We'd play for hours late at night, it always so much fun :) She got Me a lot back in the 80s & 90s. I loved to play War and I usually would beat Her after long games. Now within this box is a ton of Card Game Sets with many not even shown. My plan is to one day show them all in My Odds & Ends in all of their glory which I expect the showcase to be a huge one. Now in this box I have on top some of My main ones like My giant MOTU Cards, those are so awesome, My Dinosaurs & Sea World, Busy Bee & WWF Superstars which also are great. There is also a superb Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Set as well which you are going to see all of it in fantastic detail in just a bit as it's the final yet a huge surprise entrant here in My Part 6 Vintage Star Wars Showcase :shock: Now there is one that I couldn't stop thinking about all year last year in 2022 and that was My Batman Returns Playing Cards :batconfused: It was the 30th Anniversary of the film :batsmile: Not only that, it holds a very special feat, milestone & memory to Me because it was THE LAST THING I EVER GOT AT NATIONAL before they went out of business :batshock: I remember when Me & Grandparents were checking out I saw them in the little area there where books, Mattel Hot Wheels & small supplies were there I saw Batman Returns and I wanted it really bad and they got it for Me and this has always been one of My most cherished moments I ever had there which I will talk about this more and showcase it properly in time...you have no idea how important this was for Me to finally locate it after all of this time :batsad:

So as I just talked about Slap Jak of how it's like MOTU, well here's My actual Masters of the Universe Playing Cards. Now these are GIANT SIZED ones like My Old Maid seen above. They are of Golden which is actually Whitman/Western hence their similarity, I loved playing these which is actually two games in one, War & Conquer. I played these a ton with My Grandma. The Card Backs are cool. Notice the 1983 Mattel Copyright, this year marks it's 40th Anniversary :o

Now while I love these Cards and the overall art of them, the character selection is rather slim with only He-Man, Duncan/Man-At-Arms, Teela & Skeletor. I never knew the questionable choice behind this lacking decision I mean this set could have been so much more because there was so many other characters that they could have chosen :roll: Despite that, this is one of My most prized items in My entire collection regardless of genre and I'm quite thankful to have it :)

You can see the entire grand showcase here within My all crucial Odds & Ends ---http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-90.html

Now I'm off to the never before seen MOTU items of Mine that I believe any major MOTU fan will love and may not even know about :batwink: So first is this MOTU: He-Man & Battle Cat Book & Cassette Tape by Kids Stuff :shock:

My Mom got Me this, where I don't know. I loved to read to it by itself, listen to the Tape and do both. I was always wanting to do stuff like that when I was a youngster :) Here's the front of the Book & Tape, they look very good :)

Here's the front & back + the Cassette Tape out of it's Case.

Here's a good gander at what the Book is about inside and look at that 1983 Copyright, that's 40 years ago this :o

Here's a close up of the Cassette Tape. Look at all that info too ;)

Here's closer look at the Talking Story Book's back Cover. It's really cute with these siblings & their dog chasing UFOS and seeing a whole bunch of wondrous stuff including Saturn. See when I was a youngster I was like that too, I loved this type of stuff, sports & comedy just wasn't on My radar yet, I wanted to learned and be mystified by things and really thank goodness I still have that spark in Me :)

Now here's a size comparison of the set with My previously seen Mattel MOTU Skeletor figure, now that is cool :blbat:

Now here's these two great Golden Super Adventure Books whom is Whitman/Western, the makers of My MOTU Playing Cards above. These have always been great and their titled The Rock Warriors & Secret of the Dragon Egg. On Secret of the Dragon Egg you'll notice the cover's right corner looks bitten or chewed off. That's because it is and it was by Out pet Bunny Wabbit Mittens. She was so sweet, she was solid black with only her two front paws being white hence why she was named that. I really miss her :roll:

So here's the inside of these great Books. There's the 1985 Copyright :!:

This is THE book that has Goat Man in it :shock: Remember the huge reveal & deal that we got during the day of the MOTUC line and that we actually got Goat Man :?: Well this was his only appearance :o

Here's the the back Covers plus My Stamp that was custom that My Mom did for Me with most of My child hood books ;)

Now here's a comparison of Golden's MOTU & My previously seen Golden Go-Bots Book, now that history ;)

Now here we go with some Golden MOTU Activity Books that My Grandma got Me :)

First the Paint with Water edition is quite special because We got this at Kroger and when I recently found this Book I was so euphoric about it because this is the only remnant I have of the original Kroger which more on that in a bit but for now here's a big close up of the Kroger Price Sticker :)

Here's a cool look inside of them both. The pictures look so good, I just loved these when I was a youngster and look at that 1983 Copyright, this year marks it's 40th anniversary :o

Here we go back to Kroger. Now there was a time when they went out of business and came back however like I said, this from the original Kroger and I think and reminiscent this all the time and I'm quite thankful that I have this because I was a wee youngster with My Grandma and even though it was that long ago, I do recall a few brief fun moments there :)

Here's a good quote I posted earlier on in the year in this very fine topic of Mine I thought it was apropos to do so ;)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So in My first part of this wonderful Vintage [/b] showcase I said about My one Imperial Stormtrooper was actually found at Our local Kroger :shock:

Well, this is the area We found him. Again if you do not recall this most amazing find & moment of Mine/Our's, he was in an isle, I don't know which one but I know I saw him on the floor and My Grandma MiMi was like look Angel, look at what I found :( I was in the baby seat of the shopping cart and she gave Me him and he was MINE :o I must have been 2, 3 or so years young, I have always found this to be such a milestone for Me :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: He must have been dropped by an unknowing child there from the K-Mart next door. His body is somewhat loose and he was stained and stuff so I have always pretended he is a Sand Trooper. Look in My first part to see him to compare him with with a newer Stormtrooper that I got when I was a bit older in the same line. Here is the back way to enter the plaza in recent times, (it's nothing now like it was back in the 80s or till it was all gone) I reminiscent this moment as much as I can when I look at the old Kroger & K-Mart area, it's one of My most cherished places of My childhood :)

So there's My quote and I hope this touched someone that read it ;) Now here's two Golden MOTU Coloring Books, I was kinda stupid with the one but these are great and check out the 1983 & 1984 Copyrights :)

Here we go with these official MOTU Magazines. They were published by Telepictures Publications in 1985 & 1986...

They even had She-Ra: Princess of Power too and I have the very first premier issue there :shock:

My Mom subscribed Me to both of them because she knew I was such a huge MOTU fan. I got them till they cancelled it. Now I was only able to locate four of them which I know I have more in My crazy storage area but I'm grateful I was able to find what I did so here they are all together & they look good, there is nothing like seeing a Vintage MOTU display :)

Here is Telepictures' Logo and the 1985 Mattel Copyright. I love that Walrus ;)

Now here's the inside of the MOTU Magazines. First off here's the Looney Tunes Drinks that PB recently showed in his Toy Commercial Topic. There's a whole bunch of stuff going on here including THE very first report of Dolph Lundgren being cast in the live action MOTU movie :o Next is a special Halloween contents :blbat:

Here's all about the Halloween stuff in this issue of Fall, 1986 :blww:

Now here's The Muppets & Marvel's Secret Wars and the cool stuff of She-Ra. Now see, I know they were aiming POP for the girls but I liked it and really didn't think that way and I still don't, it's all MOTU to Me ;)

Here's some great ads including Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer & Cap'n Crunch :blmm:

Now here a MOTU Magazines Subscription Flyer that was in one of the Issues. Look at how wonderful this is ;)

Now Telepictures also published the Go-Bots Magazines as well which My Mom subscribed for Me too. I had greatly showcased this in My huge Go-Bots & Rock Lords presentation before. Here's MOTU & POP and Go-Bots Magazines together :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Isn't it weird that this is the second one I've shown thus far with the Go-Bots and what are the odds of that :? It's so rad seeing them like this however :batsmile:

Here's My special He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Poster :!: I cannot recall exactly how I got this however :shock:

Now here's a very special entry because it's...

I remember this like it was last week. I saw this great looking MOTU Sticker Book down the street at Out local 7-11 from Our old great house. This 7-11 I already greatly showcased and talked about in My Odds & Ends in one of My most deepest showcases which is My Glory Days of Movie Rentals because this location had movies to rent and I found many classics there then that I still love today! So here's My Panini MOTU Sticker Book with it's awesome front Cover which it's mostly based on Filmation's classic animated series and look at that 1983 Copyright as it has it's 40th anniversary this year :)

Now I didn't get all of them but I got enough to be satisfied, I've always loved this, it's layout and really this is one of the best ones which there's nothing been like this since however you can see a similar one in My Odds & Ends because I showcased a 1990 MLB Baseball Topps Sticker Book last month which also is a very fun Book :)

Here's My quote about the great 7-11 I got My Panini MOTU Sticker Book at :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So here is the 7-11 on Juniata & Morgan Ford Road, Juniata is the street of Our old house that I dearly miss cause it seemed like after We moved so many things changed, I have had mixed emotions and questions about this for decades :roll: . I have many good memories from this particular 7-11 and believe it or not it's still there and looks pretty much the same the last time I went there which that long ago :shock: Just not the great ones I have mentioned above but others. My first ever WWF Magazine came from there, I got another WWF Magazine which was the August 1990 edition hyping up SummerSlam 90. I remember going down the street to My Grandpa's bike shop and showing it to him and telling him about Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake's horrendous accident and him being replaced by "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich. While PoPo was sad about Beefcake, he was glad about Kerry cause he loved him. It was all such a convenient area with such great times, he would just walk there from the house & back. I remember countless times I'd look down the street for him by the house waiting for him to come home, I miss him so much :( One other moment and as bittersweet as it was, it was one of My most fondest memories. On Our last DAY EVER at the Old House, Me & MiMi went to Our nice 7-11, got their great Nachos, Chili & Cheese. There in Our now empty House it was just the two of Us sitting on the hard wooden floor of the living room/kitchen talking and saying goodbye to Our beloved House on Juniata. That was in 1990, 32 years this year in late August. So here is that very special 7-11 :(

So while I am only able to showcase only a handful of actual Mattel & Panosh action figures already seen within this fine Topic of Mine, I just recently found a couple MOTU Blister Cards and you can see how these originally were from when MOTU was arguably the best line ever and really still is IMO!

So the two that I found was Extendar & King Randor. Here's the front & back of them.

Now Extendar was actually a POP character but he was placed within the MOTU series. I got him at Ben Frankin's :)

Here's a closer look at his Comic Picture, the figures in the series to collect and the 1986 Copyright :!:

Here is Ben Franklin Price Sticker, look at that :)

OK, as a sweet bonus, here is a special section on the store that I got these from and that is Ben Franklin's five and dime department stores! Now i have mentioned them throughout this great topic of My as well as other times on the board. They were always one of My favorite ones to go to. Their location was close to My old neighborhood and they were next door to a great Sears and I loved going to the back parking lot thru their back door and enter their basement area as it was a very large toy area with tones of great action figure and more such as the ones I just showcased, Many Kenner figures such as My recently seen Beetlejuice, Micro Machines  (look for a great special showcase of them in the near future). They also had a section of really cool toy guns, G.I. Joes but My most cherished moment yet My most regretful one is one I have mentioned before is that they had a very big section of DC Super Powers (I already posted My lonesome DCSP Superman a while back within this topic) and it was during a time I wasn't into comic figures yet :roll: Oh man, the area was the most dedicated, organized and stacked DC Super Powers ever seen :shock: They even had them in glass cases! If I had only been awoken about that sort of stuff then but that is one of the things a very young child does when he or she is young then grows up. Their store was tremendous, thing is, I rarely ever went thru the front door nor ever really looked around the front of the store as I always I wanted to go to the back area and head to the toys :) My parents took Me there countless times but gosh, I miss that place so much. Ben Franklin's went out of business in the mid-late 90s. They are gone but not forgotten...at least not by Me :) You can see some other great items I got there within the Topic including Godzilla & Kong + Marx Soldiers & Dinosaurs :!:

Click here for their great history vis their wiki page!

Now as an extremely special feature I wanted to show this area of My childhood. Earlier in the year I posted a very special VHS in My totally fun Vintage Wrestling Topic that My great cousin Mike Uncle Buck gave Me and I revealed that he, My Grandma and My Mom when she was a little girl went to a White Castle all the time. Well here's the White Castle on Grand that they went to and it's still there as I speak. I've never been there as ever since I've been around We've gotten Our "Belly Bombers" from the location on Kingshighway which I just recently showed in My Odds & Ends :) Now when you turn right your headed right where Kroger, K-Mart & Televideo Plaza was, it was such a cool area back then :)

Now right down the street was where Ben Franklin's & Sears was. That huge building you see there was Sears. I have no clue what it is now. We went there from time to time but I really have no huge memories other than looking at the PC Video Games when you walked in and seeing the WWF Wrestlemania Arcade Game and showing & telling My Family that Razor Ramon is on the box and that he's WCW bound and I said it to them just like that which this was a while before he arrived in WCW starting the nWo which I knew this because it was reported in My great Figure-Four Newsletters that I already showcased in My excellent Vintage Wrestling Collection Topic :o

Here's where Ben Franklin's was. Sadly the building is still vacant as nothing and I mean nothing has been there since, it's really sad but even more so I think what adds even more depressing elements is that most of the people in this region probably don't know what was there and most of all is having all of those fun times & memories :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I for one am quite thankful that I had many experiences there and still have some stuff & Prices Stickers to show a bit of that precious history and even though I said about the DCSP that I wasn't into them yet, I feel so fortunate to have see them all in glass cases like that Ben Franklin's had them in :)

Here's another look at where Ben Franklin's was and now where's going down the street because...

This is where National, Arby's & Burger King was that's I've talked about before, like I said, it was such a fun area :)

So here's King Randor's Blister Card which I got him at K-Mart :)

Here's a close look at his Comic Art and the figures to collect in the line plus the 1987 Copyright :!:

Now as I mentioned before, MOTU has such scary characters, scenery, elements among other things that is perfect for Halloween. On the back of the Card, here's a perfect example of what I mean :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

Now like I said, I got him at K-Mart and this is the same location that I always talk about, look at that ;)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Speaking of the K-Mart area, now I will show you were many of My Vintage SW figures & items among other great stuff (My Rancor & Micro Figures came from Toy Chest) I have showcased within this very topic :shock: Look at this picture, I have always loved the night time in general but especially when I'd go to K-Mart because of the lighting I mean look how cool that was with the Red & Blue all lit up during nocturnal suburban activities, see if there's any store that can even slightly match that :batsmile:

So here is the area you just saw with Kroger but this is the front entry way. It used to be so fun to go to back in the day. I mean We had Kroger & K-Mart till the former went out of business (they made a comeback sometime later in other states) and We'd also have Televideo & Radio Shack all in the same plaza and I believe the wonderful AquaWorld & the nice Resale Shop is still around the corner :) I have showcased the great Televideo in My stupendous Glory Days of Vdeo Rentals, I explain it all here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-40.html

So this is the region as it looks recently. Since the P!amDemic had to happen, it wiped out Shop 'n Save(Schnucks) took them over like they did National so the building was torn down and replaced with a Super Aldi's and GameStop went out of business as well here so even went I got used to this newly redesigned area after the total demolition of Televideo, Radio Shack & K-Mart among other stores there (K-Mart was the last to go, I was quite sad about it in 2000 (My chase ToyBiz WCW B&W Scott Hall & OSTM ECW figures was the very last things is I ever got there :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: It wouldn't last as long as one would think cause now it really looks different :roll:

So here again is the back entry way. When We lived in Our old house I always loved to go this way so My Grandma would do it. the road was actually a "brick road" there. Of course now the brick road is gone, either they plucked'em out or tared over it to match these "modern" times. I really disliked this decision by the heads of the regions I mean that area is quite historical but again they don't care about history and they don't want to you either but if your like Me and you care about your past and you know wonderful it was in your old area and you loved it like I did then YOU CARE ABOUT THE HISTORY and WILL NOT LISTEN TO THIS NOR ACCEPT THIS BUM-STEER :x :!:

So again the back way was so fun to enter K-Mart, I loved this store as much as I did Venture, in fact I have just as much fond memories there as well. It was so amazing when My Grandma got Me the Dewback among other SW figures as well as My REMCO Defenders & My very first WWF Hasbro Figure which was none other than the Series 1 Hulk Hogan here. My Mom got Me My GUTS! I showcased a while back and My Dad Buddy got Me a ton of Battle Beasts (I regret not taking them with Me). Even though it was quite bitter sweet with him, I sure remember going there with him and him getting Me all those little guys :( So this K-Mart was sure one of THE ones to be at. They had tons of toys, movies, games and everything you could want. It was such a great time being a youngster in My area cause you had the wonders like Paramount Drugs, the super fun ones on Cherokee like Judy's, Woolworths & the Bazaar, greats like Ben Franklin's, GrandPa Pidgeons & K-B & K&K and then you had great big ones like Target and ultra cool Venture (all three locations) and then you had the outstandingly exciting K-Mart, I am so glad that I was a youngster during this time and that I was a part of all of this :)

Now as finale to this wonderful showcase, I recently found some MOTU Comics that was included with some of the figures. I was so excited about this when I found them down the basement :)

Here's a great look at the original MOTU Comics and I was really euphoric when I found the radical Slave City edition with Lodar :o I wanted that figure so bad in the MOTUC but Mattel acted like they never could do it then Super7 did and then I got him and he was My first ever Super7 action figure :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

I have always loved the artwork of the figures, their still some of the best ever IMO plus look at that 1983 Copyright :)

Here's ones of the Evil Horde :o Look at how those figures were and the 1984 Copyright :)

Here's some of the last ones and I have the Cosmic Key Comic that is from the 1987 Movie and look at those figures & Copyrights of 1984, 1986 & 1987 :)

Here's a group shot of all those figures on the back Covers to show again how cool they were :)

Now here's a HUGE GROUP SHOT of many of the items that you just saw plus some others that was previously presented...look at all of that precious MOTU history that I am so grateful to have :)

So that will conclude this very special MOTU showcase and I hope you liked it and were surprised and maybe even touched :) Next will be a continuation of somebody special that I showcased much earlier on within this very Topic because it's his 35th Anniversary & Halloween time is here so until then I'll see you around :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Boglins Special!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:58 am

Here we go with a special anniversary that I have been thinking about all year and it deals with...

That's right...Seven Towns & Mattel's Boglins :o Now as you see I got the Logo above. now when I had originally showcased My lonesome Bog-O-Bones I didn't do that then and since then I have really evolved. If you have been following Me then I'm sure you have noticed ;) So here's My quote of My original Boglins showcase and by time your done reading & seeing that you'll see why I felt the need to expand upon this great entry :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Here we go with My next update. I thought that this would be very apropos that I would showcase My Bog-O-Bones from the short lived Boglins series made by Mattel because I got him around the same time as I did My Imperial Universal Monsters at Venture (previously seen within this great classic/vintage action figure topic).

The series was out about 1987, a terrific time of horror & spooky fantasy when there was a wild need for little monsters & creatures like Gremlins, Trolls, & Ghoulies! The most underrated & scarce of them all IMO were the Boglins! They were under a Halloween sub-line/name/gimmick because they came out around that season and were perfect for it as Halloween was still classic & fun and still really meant something. I absolutely loved them and regret not getting anymore of these guys. These figures were actually hand puppets and worked wonderfully (Mattel would revisit this type of feature with some the awesome Street Sharks in the 90s which I will get to soon enough :o ). He has eye gears & levers inside his head to control their movements and a compartment for his mouth to open and close. Most of his body is of a smooth kind of rubber but his eyes are plastic. Thank goodness I took care of My BOG-O-BONES as he is well over thirty years old! I played with him so much when I was young and still did even when I got older and I am happy to admit, to this day I continue to do so from time to time just not as playful mind you! I loved how they came in this cool and scary looking box as you can tell what kind of time they are from which was obviously full of horrific grandeur :batsmile:

Here is his nice and hilarious yet taking itself seriously bio card on the box ;)

Instructions for the kids on the back of the bio card. :)

Examples of his box. Please note that I have misplaced his black bars to keep him secure. I loved the artwork that Mattel used in the 80s & 90s. It shows the rest of the series of the main Boglins as well as smaller ones to collect. Another aspect that I really love is the scientific way & story of explaining them as a species (hopefully this made some kids back in the day wonder about mysterious creatures and want to study known ones :idea: ).

Oh no, BOGGY has escaped :!:

What? Peter Venkman of The Real Ghostbusters is scared stiff of BOG-O-BONES :o

So there you have it, My Boggy from one of the most obscure series' by Mattel (if not by any company for that matter) The Boglins! I have much more vintage goodness from the 80s yet to be seen and some will really be surprising! Next update coming soon...until then I'll see you around :batgrin:

So now here is My new continuation :) First off Boglins was actually created by Jim Henson Company alumni Tim Clarke, Maureen Trotto and Larry Mass for The Seven Towns company in 1987. They were originally purchased by Coleco as a extremely likely additional roster of characters to their great Sectaurs series :o A long while back I have showcased My Sectaurs which this would have been awesome had this occurred :batwink:

Here's a great look at Bog-O-Bones with his eyes turned and My hand is in there controlling him. My hand still fits because because I didn't grow all that much more several years later due to My illness, it's a gift and curse but if I grew more I wouldn't be able to do this with Boggy :)

Here's the inside of him, see the gears and his gadgets :?: That's how you make him move just like an actual puppet :)

Here's the Seven Towns 1987 Copyright and it is sculpted on there nicely, always look for the Copyrights :)

Now here we go with some extra shots of his great looking Box. Here's the top of it with the cool Witch Emblem :blww:

Here's a close up of the front of his Tag. Mattel really had some great art work back then :)

I have misplaced the Door & Halloween Bag but if I ever come across them I will be sure to make an update about it ;) Here's the bottom of his Box with the cool, already there/built in instructions which this was a great way of doing that which sometimes Mattel was really clever at stuff like that. Notice that Boggy is inside of his box there as I wanted him to be seen. Also notice the Price Stickers there as well.

So I said before that I got him at Venture around Halloween time in the same area that I got My Imperial Universal Monsters. I believe that this is the Halloween Variant Box because Halloween is the theme here which they did a similar repackaging gimmick with their awesome Street Sharks in the mid 90s. I recall this like it was last week when I was there at Venture with My Grandparents and that they got him for Me :) His initial price was $17.99 but the line wasn't doing well which was really a shame because with all of the fascination & obsessiveness over little movie creatures like Gremlins, Ghoulies, Trolls & Critters, you'd think that Boglins would have been up there as well...no, instead they clearanced them out for $12.00 and I really don't recall the others, is all I remember is seeing him and I wanted him a lot :) Remember how it was when kids were bugging their parents for Transformers because if you didn't have a TF to show to your friends, your weren't cool :? They were more expensive than Go-Bots and some were really expensive as I have expressed in My grand showcases of both properties :?: Well the price wasn't an issue there for TF and really the price wasn't that bad for Boglins because of how they were made being rubber puppets that actually worked :o Now with the remakes that's on this current market are twice as much that has way less history to them :shock:

These quotes is from earlier on to show Venture once again because they were quite important of how I made them. When you compare both pictures thru the different eras, you can clearly tell that both buildings are the same :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Here's what My local Venture looked like, I have showcased and talked about them countless times here on the board because they were arguably My favorite store to be at and I never, ever want them to fall into oblivion :!:

So I've showcased and talked about them many times previously because I care so much, back in the day when it was the old McDonald's and We'd go thru the drive-thru i'd look over there and see Venture which many times We'd go to Venture & Frank's Nursery before McDonald's. I have expressed this with much love in My other topics including this one I greatly presented Frank's and I have talk about them in as well as others and I hope you've been following Me here. These were such good and special times that I had in the 80s & 90s when I was a youngster. Today's generation really has no idea how fun it was then and I seriously doubt they ever wanted to know nor was taught about it in anyway which is really dejecting :roll: Sadly as good as 1998 was, this year of 98 marked the demise of Venture when they went out of business, it's always been so bitter-sweet for Me :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Here's the back way in McDonald's drive-thru and you can see where Venture was which is now a Burlington Coat Factory for about twenty or so years now, again so many people have no clue how fun this was :roll:

Here's an extremely cool display of some My previously seen Mattel figures within the topic of Boglins so with Boggy is much that was previously presented including Mattel's Bravestarr, MOTU, Captain Power, GUTS, Fisher-Price's Adventure People and My recently seen M.U.S.C.L.E. Men which a lot of these came from the Venture :) Soon I will show My 1989 NA He-Man in much greater detail in a major showcase...now look at how wondrous this display is :)

Now earlier on I mentioned that Coleco had originally owned the rights to make Boglins and that they were going to make it into their Sectaurs line but until it was overtaken by Mattel that never happen and we'll never know how in the heck crazy that would have been :roll: However, here's a special display that I took to depict a possible scenario of how it could've been so take a good gander at this cause I'm most likely one of the very few people that has ever done this :o

Now here's one of important reasons for this extending continuation of Boglins if not THE main reason for it and that is none other than the 1988 Copyright on the bottom of the Box because it's their 35th Anniversary which is huge. Like I've said before it is so imperative to check out those Copyrights on your action figures, comics, video games and whatever else that you have from your childhood or even later collectibles to identify who made it and when ;)

So that will do it for this one of Boglins that I waited all year to do this :o Next up will be one more for Halloween and it' s going to be a very special one that your not going to expect so when I get to showcasing that I'll see you around :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Burger Chef, Scooby

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:49 am

Yep, it's HALLOWEEN TIME, My favorite time of the year. The below picture is a special one, it's a cute poster I got from one of My Scholastic Books way back in 1990. I have always thought is was so cute and perfect for Halloween for a seasonal layout and not an actual scary display. I've been thinkin' of this a lot :)

So here we go with My final special for this Halloween season for this very fine topic. Here's a special header I made :blbat:

First up is...

These are two Random House learning books that My Mom got Me in 1982 and I still keep them in My big bookcase. First up is 500 Words to Grow On. I have always loved these pictures within it. Now I'm only showing the spooky & important stuff so I may fully continue & showcase these at a later time.

First here's the opening of it, on both corners you can see the 1982 & My Stamp by My Mom :)

Keep in mind, I was only about a year old when she got Me these, I was learning fast :o Isn't it amazing how the boy & girl stuff then is compared to now :roll:

This is a great landscape picture, I believe this may have started My loving to scenery :)

Here's this nice looking seasonal section with Baseball, Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas :) :blww: :scbat:

Here's the picture That I have always adored with the Witch, Pumpkin & Fall Leaves, so classical looking :blbat:

On the last page is a Bat & Owl, this is a bit spooky too along with the back cover ;)

Next is My First Picture Dictionary. Now I have always liked the first one more however this is extremely nice as well ;)

Here's a good look at one of the pages with Dinosaurs...

I believe that this was THE FIRST TIME EVER that I saw Dinosaurs and this totally sparked My interest & love for Dinosauria :o

Here's these two pages with a Jack-o'-Lantern, Witch & Wolf for the spooky season :blaq:

Here's the back cover plus a close up of the Best Book Club Ever Selected Editions Emblem.

Here's My Mom's handwriting as she wrote 1982 :o Like I said before, I started learning and knowing a lot of stuff long before I was in Kindergarten thanks to My parents :) Now I had introduced the stamp that she did for Me rather recently in My special Halloween MOTU showcase. She did this many times for My books :)

Here they are both together, such a wonderful looking display from a much simpler time :)

Next up is these special spooky little times that My Mom got Me when I was a wee youngster. First up is...

Yes this unique one is by Peter Pan Records and it's the mini vinyl record of the Monster Mash :o Take a gander at the classic Vintage front & back Covers :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

Here's the actual Record coming out of that wonderful looking scary funny sleeve :blaq:

Here's the Record's front & back - side a & side b :blmm:

Next up is this...

She got Me a Sesame Street Record featuring Count the Count and it's the Counting to 10 - Transylvania Polka edition. Now get this, it's STILL sealed in the wrapper, I never opened it and I don't know why :o

I believe she got it for Me over at Peaches/Sound Warehouse but I cannot be certain. I showcased them greatly and showed how Blockbuster Video took them over in My all crucial Odds & Ends because they were quite the fun store to be at :) Look at that, this was only a $1.19 back then :shock:

Now here's an extremely special one...

These are extremely special because My Mom got Me these directly from Burger Chef because she worked there when she was a teenager for a while and not too much longer she had Me :o These are very unique records under the Burger Chef & Jeff label. I believe I found all the ones she got Me which is Wolfburger's Problem, Transylvania's Gig Game and The Ghost of Grizzly Mountain, all three are colorful looking records :)

ImageImage

Here's all three together.

Here's a collage of Burger Chef's Logos :)

Now as I mentioned before, My Mom worked there for a time. The location was on Kingsighway. I have a very vague recalling about it however what I do remember is quite clear. I remember the brown & tan structure and a big crowd there. This is still toward in South Town in Our old beloved neighborhood. Here's a recent picture of how the area is now. See where the blue structure is of that car wash :?: That's where I recall it being :)

Now here's one that is continuing from Burger Chef above because Hardee's is the place that took them over :o

Back in 1984, Hardee's had a Scooby-Doo promotion but I barley recall it. I must have liked it however because I have a small book from them called The Dinosaur Deception Mystery. Here's a look at it :blbaf:

Here's the 1984 Copyrights :o

Now this is where this Hardee's used to be. It was on Gravois just a block or so away from the White Castle, Ben Franklin's, Sears, Kroger, K-Mart & Televideo I showed in My recent MOTU presentation. I liked going there especially when they had promotions. Remember a long while back I showcased My Ghostbusters II Ghost Blaster Toys :?:

Well those came from here too and boy I sure recall that Ghostbusters II event like it was last week I mean I remember how they decorated the building with all that spooky stuff which there was some great times in 1989 :) This location went out of business in the early to mid 90s and then it became a Popeye's Chicken, stayed there for a while then it went out because the neighborhood was getting worse and nothing has ever taken it's place, nothing and that is a shame which there's probably so few people that recall that it was a Hardee's much less down the street on was Ben Franklin's & Sears and the other direction was Kroger, K-Mart & Televideo which I have expressed greatly how much I loved all of this before and what it means to Me :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: It was one of the funnest areas you could go to :)

Here's these special items together, look at that spooky Vintage history :blmm:

Now here's a big special bonus :shock:

Yep, I have a couple original Scooby-Doo VHS Tapes which they are so good including the one with special guests Batman and Robin which that was a such a must have so here's the front of the VHS Box Covers :batwink: I'm not sure where I got these wonderful tapes at, possibly at Venture when I was with My Grandma :)

Here's the back of'em as well as the VHS Tapes themselves :batsmile:

Now these are by Worldvison and Kids Klassics that is of GoodTimes Entertainment which I have showcased many of their great items and have explained their very important history in My showcases. The Copyright for the regular Scooby is 1987 and for the DC special is 1988 which this year marks it's 35th anniversary :batshock:

Here's all of My special Scooby-Doo items that I have just showcased together :)

So that will do it, I hope you liked this special showcase for Halloween as well as the other showcases that I chose for the spooky season as well like My MOTU & Boglins 35th Anniversary special. If you haven't seen any of this make sure you do, also if you want more scary stuff I did a special showcase of My Weird Ball Wrestlers a while back plus I have a lot of frightening stuff like Universal Monsters, Kaijus, Ghostbusters & Beetlejuice plus a whole lot more within this showcase. I have also showed a lot in My Modern Action Figure, My Video Game Collection & Odds & Ends to keep you busy ;) I have some great stuff to show soon, we shall see what is next for My Vintage Action Figure Topic, until the next one I'll see you around :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: S. Street & Dairy Q

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:06 am

So here we go with a somewhat unexpected showcase that I thought I better present now as a continuation of My special Halloween showcase while it's still fresh. Make sure you see it soon if you haven't yet as well as My other recent showcases within this great Topic as well as My other Topics, in fact check and those often cause there's always something that you may have missed and I'm one of the only people on the entire net that is doing this sort of thing which is really beyond pathetic, now think of that for a moment ;)

So yes, as you saw previously I showed a special Sesame Street item, more on that in a bit. First here's this Sesame Street Fire Department Hardhat featuring Big Bird. I found this a while back and I thought I'd present it sometime in the future which is now. My Mom got it for Me when I was only 3 or 4 years old. It's made by Placo Toys. The Copyright picture is inverted as I chose that because the red color really makes it hard to read. Overall My little Sesame Street Fire Department Hardhat still looks nice :)

Here's the 1983 Muppets Copyright which this year marks it's 40th Anniversary :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Now here's the continuation from My great recent Halloween showcase. I was going to show My Count the Count's Transylvania Polka Record with My Sesame Street Fire Department Hardhat and when I did apparently I grabbed and I squeezed the Album just right this time because the Record popped out :roll: Now see when I originally posted it I said that I never opened it before because it still had the wrapper on it but I didn't realize this nor did I recall ever playing this so here is the Record out of it's sleeve :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here's Side 1 & Side 2...

Here's the Sesame Street Records 1976 & 1977 Copyrights :o

So here's My Count the Count's Transylvania Polka Record and Sesame Street Fire Department Hardhat together :)

Now moving on to another special item which this one is from...

Yes but this wasn't a local Dairy Queen, it was in Illinois that Me and My Family would go to every once in a while when We'd want to cross the McKinley Bridge which bridges St. Louis, Missouri and Venice, Illinois which is the bridge you see in many pictures of Downtown St. Louis with the ancient gorgeous Mississippi River :)

It was always so fun there when We'd want to go to a little convenient store there that had Pumpkins & Gourds and even an original Super Mario Brothers Arcade Machine :o It was always awesome going to the huge Cave Systems as well :batwink: Now this DQ was all by it's lonesome in one little building before you get the country. It was so exciting being there which I recall this pretty well. Unfortunately that Dairy Queen went out of business I believe it was 1992 and I believe a Video Rental Store took it's place. We were quite bummed about it, things was starting to change during that year :roll: I believe that place went out rather quickly unfortunately as well. So I know I got some stuff from this great DQ location and over the course of time I was only able locate one item but he's one of the most memorable ones so I'm glad that I found The Magical Blizzard Wizard, I love his light blue color :)

Here's his little Tag that has the 1985 Dairy Queen Copyright on there, look at that :)

I hope you like this somewhat unexpected showcase from Me and maybe I even surprised you. Next will be a special big one of Lego & Duplo, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions