Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wonder Woman Has Been Cast.

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Wonder Woman Has Been Cast.

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Thanks to Batman-News (and ComicBookMovie.com), we have the first comments from Gal Gadot on the recent news that she will play Wonder Woman in 2015's Man of Steel follow-up, Batman Vs. Superman. Below is both the video of her talking about the role on Israeli TV show Good Evening with Gai Pines as well as a translation courtesy of the site. What do you guys think about what the actress says?

Gal Gadot's first Wonder Woman interview... by BatmanNewsCom

Where were you when you heard the news that you’d been cast as Wonder Woman?

I was just on my way to shooting at LA. I landed at NY in a connection flight when my agent, Hadass Lichtenstein, called me. She says to me “Wonder Woman!” and I’m like “What??” – “The role is yours!…and it’s a secret and the news are not yet announced and you can’t tell anyone…”. I’m saying to her “Are you serious??”- and we both scream! Now it’s a plane from Israel to NY and I can’t make loud noise, and so I lean on a window, bending down to my legs, and just try to understand. Long story short – I was totally alone in NY, I got to a hotel at 12 pm, I needed to wake up in the morning for shootings. I remember laying in the darkness by myself, staring at the ceiling, and I was telling myself “It’s not real!”…it shouldn’t be like that, I’m supposed to be like… “where’s the champagne?”.

It’s been said that you’re too skinny for the part. Wonder Woman is large-breasted, is that going to change?

Hmm. I represent the Wonder Women of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is amazonian, and historically accurate amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go “by the book”…it’d be problematic.

So you’re not going to gain a little weight and start eating carbs before filming begins?

It’s the physical preparations that I’m starting now. A very serious training regime – Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, jujutsu, Brazilian…1,000 and 1 things…I’ll gain body mass.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... VeRAorr.99
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:37 pm

They coulda just skipped all that and got someone that had those credentials already. I love how being a curved woman just means "big boobs". It means Wonder Woman is not 110 pounds, plain and simple. Also, she isnt playing a "historically accurate" Amazon, she is playing an Amazon within the DC universe.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Caleb » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:14 am

Historical accuracy? With mythology? Right. Hey, remember how accurate Thor was, guys?

I sort of feel like her quotes about historical accuracy would be like if they cast Patton Oswalt as Superman and he said "Well, see, I might not look the part, but the deep reaches of space have a different gravity range, so people deep in space would actually be Hobbit sized and stout". It's a fictional character, for crying out loud. Seriously, I was actually kind of on her side during the interview until that point.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:47 am

Right. If she wants to get "historically accurate"
220px-Penthesilea_Dubray_cour_Carree_Louvre.jpg
Even if she had one boob, she wouldnt look like an Amazon warrior. She's a dunce.

No matter how you splice it, baby, you're not the right pick for an Amazon!!!!!
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:17 pm

It’s been said that you’re too skinny for the part. Wonder Woman is large-breasted, is that going to change?

I really hate when interviewers completely miss interpret the statements/complainants from the fans to make them sound petty/ignorant.

That wasn't mine nor most others issue with her being cast in this role. Bo-rilla Grodd said it already being curvy and being large breasted are different things. I really don't want to see a Wonder Woman that could be blown across the room if someone sneezes too hard :wwshock: :wwlol:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Avalon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:56 pm

I think she's just a bit annoyed so her answers are laced with emotion but I'll still give her a chance. She's prob going to go through a intense training thing like the cast of MoS so I could see a transformation.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:20 am

Well, the rumor mill has started to spread about wonder woman's role in SvB. What i have heard is that Wonder Woman is from a race of Kryptonians sent to Earth thousands of years ago. They have been living here ever since. There is a lot more to it, thats just the gist of it. I believe you can read the full summary at www.ign.com. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Or does anyone even think its true?
My thought?- :wwsad:
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Muthasucka » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:52 pm

That was just speculation from one of the rumor sites. It's not a real rumor. It's an interesting idea, but it would take away all of the ancillary mythology from her backstory that's not Amazon-related. They'd have to come up with non-magical explanations for all the Greek Gods and magicians like Ares and Circe, and I think she would be worse for it.

Let there be some magic in the world...
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:43 pm

I hope it is just a rumor, it just seems unnecessary.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Previous

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies