Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Fate of the Beware the Batman toyline

Topics include figures inspired by Batman the Animated Series, the Justice League Unlimited figure series by Mattel, the Young Justice action figure series, Beware the Batman and much more!

Fate of the Beware the Batman toyline

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:52 am

Sooo with Batman Unlimited cancelled and Anarky originally planned for Batman Unlimited, does the retail presence of Beware the Batman end with the one Beware the Batman figure? I was really looking forward to Anarky and Professor Pyg. I think those two characters, although cartoon styled, would still fit in well enough with my DCUC collection kinda like DC Direct's Madhatter. :batconfused:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fate of the Beware the Batman toyline

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:27 pm

There was a retail line?!? Hahaha :smlol:

All I know is ill never see these here..unless I'm at C2E2. All I wanted from that Batman Unlimited line was TDKR Bats and thanks to my cousins slick move I do!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Anarky » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:49 pm

We've been told there will be a retail presence in 2014. My guess is that 4" versions of Anarky, the released batman figure and others are being pitched to retail. But it comes down to what retail takes as to whether we're talking a dedicated line or wave of multiverse. I hope we'll get an answer by NYCC,
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Rex Mason » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Really hoping for this series to get its own line similar to The Batman's line from a few years ago. I'd love a nice 5-inch series without too much articulation to distract from the cartoony style of the show. And it'd be great to add another Metamorpho and Katana to my collection.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:08 am

Meh. I can't stand the show, so I don't really care too much if they make any action figures based on it. I think they would be too stylized to fit in with DCUC figures and the price would probably be more than I want to spend on them for use as custom fodder. The few episodes that I've watched didn't really seem kid-friendly enough to warrant a toy line aimed at children and I bet it would be a hard sell to retailers too. I hope they end up making figures for the folks who want them but I'm not interested.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby Anarky » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:11 am

I'm pretty sure the style guide (see http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/otte ... f-control/ and comments) is batman heavy if we've gotten just one Mattel Batman and an all batman mcdonalds toy line (Anarky is on the happy meal box) so far but I'm waiting on NYCC for more info.
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Strathaar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:16 pm

They can keep this line.
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Webslinger » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:49 pm

If they were gonna make figures for this series they would not have put the Beware the Batman figures in a cancelled line to begin with... I bought the figure and I'm already regretting it. It has really long arms and legs and a small ass head, the one on his shoulders not between his legs =P.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby amos brearly » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:35 pm

so no news of a batman line from nycc?

sad shame seeing what hasbro is doing with spider-man.

mattel have the biggest **** in comics but cant get it up. so sad.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:46 pm

If they were 6", I would actually consider buying Beware the Batman toys. Kind of weird they made a 6" Beware the Batman in that style but no other figures in that style to go with him.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to DC Animated Universe Figure Lines