Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

NECA's 1/4 Scale Michael Keaton Batman from the 1989 film

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

NECA's 1/4 Scale Michael Keaton Batman from the 1989 film

Postby Barbecue17 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:47 am

I finally got this guy and just got him reviewed yesterday evening: http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/01/14-scale-michael-keaton-batman-from.html

If you're looking for just one Batman from the 1989 film, this guy definitely should be considered. He's really amazing! I found a solid stand for him for around $3 at a Hobby Lobby and now have him posed standing over my entertainment center.

I really want the Adam West Batman now, too.
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Re: NECA's 1/4 Scale Michael Keaton Batman from the 1989 fil

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Nice review...I'd really like this figure too, I think it looks better than the Hot Toys version; not thrilled on how the HT suit turned out, articulation seems very limited.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Looking back at the pics, I do have one question....

In regards to the Bat logo, can it be turned a tad to center? This is the second review I've heard/watched and both logos are off just a bit.

Just a thought off the top of my so-called mind
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Barbecue17 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:14 pm

I was playing around with it and managed to get it pretty lined up. I think the issue is that the batsymbol is attached to the head/cowl and not the chest, so when you move the head a bit for a better pose, you ultimately get the chest misaligned.

Also, since the cape is anchored by the cowl/head, moving the cape around (which is what you tend to do when setting the figure down) kind of shifts the cowl a bit as well.
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Cool, that's what I was thinking...thanks for the update
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles