Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Final Superfriends DVD - Release Date Oct 8, 2013

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Final Superfriends DVD - Release Date Oct 8, 2013

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:17 pm

superfriends6.jpg

ccbeck recently posted this on Matty:

"Hi all. Just thought I'd mention that the final Superfriends DVD will be out soon (Oct. 8th) and thought those who post here might be interested. This will be the final Superfriends cartoons to be released, so on October 8th, I (an many others) will finally have all the Superfriends episodes on DVD.

Also, in case you are interested, Warner Brothers Archive Made-To-Order DVDS will be releasing Space Stars on October 8th, also. For those that don't remember, Space Stars was an 80's reboot of Space Ghost and the Herculoids and introduced the Teen Force and Astro (from the Jetsons) and the Space Mutts.

Can't wait for both of these. October is going to be a good month. Now if only Mattel could get the rights to do Space Ghost, and the other Hanna Barbara stars !! A Mattel Galaxy Trio would be a dream."

I know I'll be looking forward to it. Just got mine pre-ordered on Amazon. :smsmile:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Final Superfriends DVD - Release Date Oct 8, 2013

Postby Caleb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Jeez, Space Stars? You wanna talk about obscure, there you go. I've only caught a little bit of it, thanks to Youtube, but I'd love to check out the full set. Sign me up for one of these!

So is the Complete Superfriends out now? I was thinking I'd give the show another shot on Half.com, much as Wendy / Marvin annoy me. I mean, it's one of very few DC cartoons (beyond Fleischer's Superman) I haven't given a fair shot. I always enjoyed the old HB animation, so I keep considering it, corny as the show seems. If I can snag the complete series for cheap, I doubt I'd live to regret it.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Count Geekula » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:41 pm

So are all of the Super Friends seasons out on DVD now? I'm a huge SF fan from back in the day. I know there are some really silly episodes in there, but the last two seasons/incarnations had some pretty good comic inspired stories (Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show & The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians)
Count Geekula
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Avalon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Welcome, Count! I do believe that with this set, it completes the entire run. :mogrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies